Old October 18th 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 10:48:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Just curious... what is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

Secondly, what are YOU doing to recruit new contest pilots, especially those pilots in their late 30's and 40's?

Please share your story with us and consider asking yourself how YOU can help recruit members back at your home club to participate in their first contest in 2018.

Thank you!

-Chris Schrader
*SSA Director, Region 6 (OH, IN, MI, KY)
Growth & Retention Committee Chair

Chris, we at Chicago Glider Club introduce new x-country and future contest pilots to the sport by calling a task on every weekend that is suitable. These are mostly TAT or MAT calls with a min time of 2-3 hours. Flights are sent to SH and Mike scores them using Winscore. The handicaps we use include the actual weight at the time of flight so that water ballast is allowed. The best 8 flights of a season count toward the NISC (N. IL Soaring Contest) Champion title. Rules are here, all Chicagoland glider clubs can and do participate:
http://chicagogliderclub.org/index.php/nisc
Herb, J7