Old March 24th 09, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Zaon MRX causing radio interference

JJ Sinclair reported an MRX/radio interference problem several years
ago on this forum. When I installed my MRX in my panel I took the
precaution of installing a ferrite bead around the power cable, and
I've had no interference problems. It's good electrical practice to
use ferrite beads on DC supply leads. If you can, loop the power cable
so it goes through the ferrite core more than once in order to get the
best high frequency attenuation.

-John

On Mar 24, 1:58 am, wrote:
With my new Zaon MRX PCAS mounted on top of my glare shield, I've been
experiencing some radio interference and linked this to the MRX: the
radio gives white-noise static -- like the squelch is not properly
adusted. When I turn the MRX off it goes away.

I've heard putting a "ferrite core" around the MRX's (and the
radio's?) power cord might help. (Here's one:http://cgi.ebay.ca/Noise-Filter-Clip...QQitemZ3501565...
).

Does anybody else have this problem? Have you solved it in some way?

Thanks,

Eric
DG-300