Old September 20th 05, 07:49 PM
Michelle P

I did half of my IFR training at night. If it is VFR go for it. I do not
recommend training in actual at night. Flying IMC at night is some of
the hardest flying you will do especially if there is turbulence.
Michelle

wrote:

I am getting ready to start of Instrument training. I plan on training
during the day on the weekends and 1 or 2 nights during the week.

What are your thoughts on instrument training at night? Personally I
don't fly at night and have only for what was required for my PPSEL.
However my goal is to go on to my Commerical and CFI after the
Instrument.

I know I will have to get proficient at night flying to teach the
PPSEL, but not while IFR.

So, I guess my question comes down to added risk. How much additional
risk am I taking by doing some of my Instrument at night?