Old July 30th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead144

Default 13 Horsepower

On Jul 30, 10:51*am, " wrote:
On Jul 30, 6:30 am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

is the harbour freight engine a V-twin?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----

It appears to be a one-lunger with a recoil starter.

-R.S.Hoover

This is a very insightful and thought provoking topic and I enjoyed
reading it. The HF engine mentioned is a knock off of a Robin engine
and is actually a fairly well made engine. I’ve found it interesting
to see the larger HP rated Generic and B&S V twin engines turning up
in aircraft projects and the re-drives fabricated for them. They’re
less expensive then the imported engines and do a good job for their
purpose. What they lack though is the 40 to 50 + HP range. This
however has yet to stop innovative approaches and solutions to the
problem by end users, i.e. us.