Old June 20th 04, 10:31 PM
Bob Liberty

I can remember as an ole nav catching the pilots dialing in the wrong ILS or
VOR. It was fun scoring a gotcha! But they did listen over water.
ole nav

"Robey Price" wrote in message
After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, WalterM140
confessed the following:

Heard a thing like this a few years ago; they thought they were landing

in
Amsterdam, turned out to be Frankfort, as I recall.

Kinda...sorta. DC-10 enroute to Frankfurt, ATC over the UK started
them down early...landed in Brussels (same ILS freq as Frankfurt and
similar runway alignment).

New Captain (WRT to international flying) on his first flight after
IOE with a piece of **** First Officer (uniformly hated). CA kept
saying, "this doesn't look right, this is too early..." and the FO
kept saying "No, this is right...that's the airport." The SO was kinda
tumbleweed. CA knew prior to touchdown they were not in Frankfurt (but
not sure where he was), but landed anyway, admitted his mistake to the
passengers immediately after landing.

CA retired in short order...FO finally got fired after years of second
chances...SO retrained.