Old July 26th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Test

On 2008-07-25, Bruce A. Frank wrote:
Truthfully Jay, it comes across to me as whether you leave the toilet
seat up or whether you leave the toilet seat down. All the changes that
can be made to my newsreader have been and I can apparently set mine up
to screen out html by detecting the codes...and this reader is at least
9 years old.

It's not a matter of age or moderniy. It's a matter of courtesy to those
who
read Usenet with non-HTML-capable readers. I do this deliberately, because
it allows me to read the groups from whatever computer I'm at and still
maintain my position within each group. It's also faster. Similarly, I
read
email with a text-only reader from the same system, so I can do so from
any
computer anywhere on the net. That renders me immune to email viruses.

I don't use an HTML-capable email or news reader for what turn out to be
very good reasons. It' not that I refuse to join the modern era at all.
It's
that Usenet and email are text media, and using HTML in them is not the
way
they were designed to be used. The only HTML email I get is from spammers,
and HTML email is quite likely to get dropped straight into the bit
bucket.
Usenet is, if anything, even more text-only.

Please respect others' choices, and leave HTML turned off (as you have it
now).
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)