Old November 20th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Beginner, Parachutes?

Quick follow-up: My club is based at the same airport as the guys
that make Softie Parachutes. Most of the folks here love 'em (we have
6 chutes just for use in the club fleet, plus a lot of guys who own
their glider and fly with a Softie). They're not the cheapest, but
they're comfortable and effective. Sometimes they sell used chutes on
consignment for a good price.

Some of the IAC folks in my area love the folks at Silver Parachutes,
and certainly other brands work fine. If you have access to a few
parachutes, try them on and adjust the straps and see how they feel
(preferrably in a seating position like you would be in a glider) -
there's no substitute for hands-on review before deciding on which
type to buy.

Take care,

--Noel