Old August 4th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Osh flight line radios...

"pho" wrote in message
I picked up one of these cool radios, but it didn't work well in Camp
Scholler.It worked ok on the flight line though. Does anyone know what
frequency these things work on?
I expect it must be UHF. I haven't heard anything on mine since I got
home. Pete

Give us a brand and model number, so we can have a clue.

Most likely, you got a relatively cheap scanner, that picks up either
aviation only, or aviation and other close by frequencies, like nascar in
car radios. It probably does not have the sensitivity or the weak signal
amplification ability that a real aviation transceiver would have.

Unless you have it tuned to one of the thousand air frequencies that is in
use near your house, or their is a nascar race a mile from your house, it is
going to be an expensive paperweight.

Any more suggestions of what you have would be a monumental guess.
--
Jim in NC