Old December 31st 12, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default The new Electric Cessna 172

In article ,
Vaughn wrote:

On 12/31/2012 10:10 AM, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In short, electric vehicles are a pie-in-the-sky wet dream of
environmental extremists or electric vehicle scam artists.

No offense intended Orval, but...

In short, you seem to be having difficulty in adjusting your opinions to
match the reality around you. ;-)

Electric vehicles are here, and on the roads. There's nothing you or I
can do to change that reality. They don't fit my needs, and likely not
yours, but the needs of many commuters match the capabilities of a
100-mile range vehicle...or even a sub-100 mile range vehicle. It's
still an emerging market and an emerging technology, but the vehicles
seem to be selling as quick as they come off the assembly lines.

Vaughn

No offense, but they are just a fad and are highly subsidized by our tax
money. As soon as operational reality sets in, they will disappear --
just as they did 100 + years ago. Their inherent weakness is energy
storage density.

Now, if someone comes along with something like the fictional "zero
point module" or "dilithium crystals," then it is a whole different
story.