Old August 25th 03, 12:10 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Tom S." wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Tom S." wrote in message

Contractors are a lot easier to get rid of than Civil Service.

Problem there is contractors have little incentive to do well UNLESS

there
are long-term probabilities.

The incintive is getting paid. Any changover will take years to

complete
and in the interum there is enough incintive to do a tedious boring job,

for
a few years.

We already ahve that.

Yep, no change for the short term.

Besides that, events could lead to contractors being
Federalized.

Then we're right back where we started.

Sure, no harm if it fails.

Has is worked (as mentioned) for the Postal "Service", or Amtrak, schools,
etc.?

As I wrote, the postal service is a Federal constitutional entity and can
not be truely privatized. Amtrak has been run to intentionally lose money,
to protect their subsidy. Vouchers look to be one way we can stop public
education from creating a generation of permanent underclass citizens.

I'll leave this thread now, for the sake of rai posters.