Why are so many British men gay?

Old June 11th 07, 12:05 AM posted to soc.culture.turkish,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,soc.culture.british
allan connochie

Default Why are so many British men gay?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
30...
Serious question here,.

No it isn't. It is just a bad trolling exercise. Surely the amount of
British men who are gay would be no higher than anywhere else? Whether
people feel able to come out or not I suspect is a completely different
thing. For instance it would be hell of a lot harder to be the only gay in a
small Welsh village than it would be to be gay in for instance London.

Allan

Old June 11th 07, 09:05 AM posted to soc.culture.turkish,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,soc.culture.british
allan connochie

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
. 130...
"allan connochie" wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
30...
Serious question here,.

No it isn't. It is just a bad trolling exercise. Surely the amount of
British men who are gay would be no higher than anywhere else?

Nope, not the case, as amply displayed by British men's predeliction for
cross dressing, for instance.
It's practically a national institution. Added to the fact that a hefty
number of your politicians are openly gay. Not to mention pop stars,
policemen. The list goes on and on.

All that proves is that British society perhaps accepts homosexuals more
than some other societies do. For instance I live in a small town where I
can only think of several 'openly' gay people out of a population of about
6,000. That doesn't mean that the people of this town are less gay than
people in say Manchester! It just means that because of the size of
Manchester and the fact that there is a gay community means that it is
easier for gays to be openly gay there. If someone lives in a country where
they are likely to be jailed or seriously victimised in some other way then
of course they are more likely to stay in the closet.

As for the cross dressing well is there any evidence that Brits are more
likely to do that, in a serious manner, than anyone else? I doubt it. For
instance you don't need to be gay to be a panto-dame. It is simply a comic
tradition.

Allan

Old June 11th 07, 02:12 PM posted to soc.culture.turkish,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,soc.culture.british
John \C\

"allan connochie" wrote in message

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
30...
Serious question here,.

No it isn't. It is just a bad trolling exercise. Surely the amount of
British men who are gay would be no higher than anywhere else? Whether
people feel able to come out or not I suspect is a completely different
thing. For instance it would be hell of a lot harder to be the only gay in

small Welsh village than it would be to be gay in for instance London.

Allan

So that's why Phineass T. Puddleduck moved to the big city.

HJ

Old June 11th 07, 02:18 PM posted to soc.culture.turkish,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,soc.culture.british
whitesright

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
30...
Serious question here,.

No it isn't. It is just a bad trolling exercise. Surely the amount of
British men who are gay would be no higher than anywhere else? Whether
people feel able to come out or not I suspect is a completely different
thing. For instance it would be hell of a lot harder to be the only gay in
a small Welsh village than it would be to be gay in for instance London.

Allan

whitesright :
Well I suppose there is just nothing else to do in when your a Brit .
Hell the whole life style there is like a damn fag fest . It all started
way back when with those sissy clothes and them there curly wigs . Oh,
and them farrie boots .

Next you have them "women ?" They are so fugly , yuk! You would want
some dick to if you only had a choice between that and Margaret Thatcher .
Then you have that God awful food . You know the food is bad when washing
down with a load of cum sounds good!

Old June 20th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gilbert Smith

"allan connochie" wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
. 130...
Serious question here,.

No it isn't. It is just a bad trolling exercise. Surely the amount of
British men who are gay would be no higher than anywhere else? Whether
people feel able to come out or not I suspect is a completely different
thing. For instance it would be hell of a lot harder to be the only gay in a
small Welsh village than it would be to be gay in for instance London.

Allan

I heard that only a small proportion of gay men are born gay, the rest
get sucked into it.

British Sailors Bruce T. Soaring 1 April 4th 07 05:35 AM
British License in Italy ? BergfalkeIV Soaring 4 September 6th 05 09:05 PM
British Airways 747 incident on NPR Ron Garret Piloting 3 March 9th 05 07:38 PM
British Aviation Part 1: Better than the U.S.? Chuck Johnson Naval Aviation 12 October 20th 03 03:32 AM
#1 Piston Fighter was British Kevin Brooks Military Aviation 170 August 26th 03 06:34 PM