Recommendations for Palm Pilot E6B equivalents

Old January 7th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Recommendations for Palm Pilot E6B equivalents

Has anyone used any programs for a Palm Pilot that provide E6B functions?
Which ones, and what did you think?

I found something called FlightPal on the Net and not much else, but I don't
know anything about it. Sporty's has something for the same price but I don't
think it's downloadable.
Old January 7th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting

Does anyone who actually flies ever use those contraptions?

I've got a metal E6-B. I need it for written tests (last one coming up
shortly) but have never found any use for one in the real world.

Well, that's not quite true. It is just the right height that it does
a good job of holding up the side of my flight bag, giving it a sharp
square look rather than having the nylon collapse. A aluminum knee
board, also never used, props up the other end.

One of those battery-operated gizmos, that would be just too much.

Old January 7th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Has anyone used any programs for a Palm Pilot that provide E6B functions?
Which ones, and what did you think?

I found something called FlightPal on the Net and not much else, but I don't
know anything about it. Sporty's has something for the same price but I don't
think it's downloadable.

Yes, it is AFTER you pay for it.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 7th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Has anyone used any programs for a Palm Pilot that provide E6B
functions? Which ones, and what did you think?

I found something called FlightPal on the Net and not much else, but I
don't know anything about it. Sporty's has something for the same
price but I don't think it's downloadable.

Gonna put it on your begging list and hope someone buys it for you?

(for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Anthony has a
begging list on amazon. Check it out, it;'s pretty funny)

Bertie
Old January 8th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

I have the Sporty Palm E6B, works great.. it is handier to have with me than
a "real" E6B as I always have my Palm, but don't always have my flight gear
handy. I do not use it in flight, I may use it during some mission planning,
if I am not at home to use the home computer for mission planning with
access to online data bases, weather etc.

BT

Old January 8th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Has anyone used any programs for a Palm Pilot that provide E6B
functions? Which ones, and what did you think?

I found something called FlightPal on the Net and not much else, but I
don't know anything about it. Sporty's has something for the same
price but I don't think it's downloadable.

Gonna put it on your begging list and hope someone buys it for you?

(for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Anthony has a
begging list on amazon. Check it out, it;'s pretty funny)

Got a URL for that?

I need a good laugh.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 8th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

I should add that I do have an "standard" E6B on my "knee pad" during
flight.. spinning wheels are much easier in flight that dealing with a tiny
LCD display... but 9 times out of 10, mental math is used and E6B is not.

BT

Old January 8th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Tman

wrote in message
Does anyone who actually flies ever use those contraptions?

Yep, i fly a C152 with a single VOR (well a COM and XPDR too but thats it
for avionics). I'm always doing the dead reckoning / pilotage thing, and
use my e6b up there to calculate winds aloft, amongst other more mundane
things. Any trip over 100nm I do at least two winds aloft pireps. When
there is time left, I work on flying the plan and keeping an eye out for
traffic too if cockpit activities allow.

Old January 8th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:58:10 -0800 (PST), wrote:

One of those battery-operated gizmos, that would be just too much.

I don't use my electronic E6B for anything flight related anymore but it
has become my favorite $70 hand held calculator.

--
Dallas

CoPilot for Palm Pilot ?? jad Piloting 3 February 14th 06 02:42 PM
Any plans-built "RV equivalents" out there? Netgeek Home Built 49 August 22nd 05 09:15 PM
Recommendations for Private Pilot CDs? pjbphd Piloting 10 October 12th 04 02:10 AM
Software for Palm Pilot john Soaring 4 March 15th 04 07:45 AM
Software for Palm Pilot Jeff Dorwart Soaring 0 March 11th 04 05:22 PM