Lunch between Portland and San Diego

Old September 10th 04, 08:17 AM
Ben Jackson

Default Lunch between Portland and San Diego

I might have cause to fly from the Portland, OR area down to San Diego
at the end of the month. Any suggestions on places to stop, stretch
my legs and get a bite to eat in the middle? The straight-line halfway
point is around Reno, NV, but that would involve cutting across some
mountain ranges diagonally so I will probably stick to the central
valley.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old September 10th 04, 04:35 PM
RevDMV

It's more than half way, but for a good steak or burger Harris
Ranch(3O8) is hard to beat.
Old September 10th 04, 06:28 PM
Jim Weir

Grass Valley (Nevada County Airpark) has a nice little deli right across the
street and public bus transportation to town if you want to sightsee while you
are here.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old September 10th 04, 07:29 PM
Yadhu

KWVI Watsonville close to the coast has a restaurant in the airport.

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
(Ben Jackson) writes:

so I will probably stick to the central
valley.

Hmmm. Head a bit into the foothills and there's Auburn...restaurant
on the airport.

Better yet, head to the coast, stop at Half Moon Bay, weather
permitting, and a 5 min walk into town.

Old September 11th 04, 01:23 AM
Ross Oliver

Willows airport has Nancy's, an I-5 cafe/truck stop right next to the
transient parking area. I stopped there in July on my way home from
Washington. Very good food at good prices, open 24 hours, as is the
self-serve fuel island.