Flight physical

Old October 3rd 04, 08:54 PM
Slavko Vorkapitch

Default Flight physical

Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).

Thanks in advance,
El Squid
Old October 3rd 04, 09:02 PM
Dave S

If someone can make it to the doctors office, they can take the
physical... unless you know an AME who makes house calls.

Dave

Old October 4th 04, 10:37 AM
Cub Driver

Anybody know what is the maximum age for taking the flight physical ??
My 81 year old father has started flight lessons (again).

Good fo rhim! I am 72, and the holder of a Class III medical, and I
know a couple of 80-year-olds who are in better shape than I am.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org
Old October 4th 04, 05:46 PM
PaulH

from AOPA, I think. The 2 people I have used were both weird. The
new one takes only cash. His secretary does most of the work, and the
hearing test is a quartz clock that he gradually moves toward your
head while bus traffic rumbles by outside the window. You're supposed
to nod your head in time with the clicks.
Old October 4th 04, 09:58 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dave S" wrote in message nk.net...
If someone can make it to the doctors office, they can take the
physical... unless you know an AME who makes house calls.

AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.

Old October 4th 04, 10:13 PM
Tobias Schnell

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:58:31 -0400, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.

Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

Regards
Tobias Schnell
Old October 5th 04, 02:06 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tobias Schnell wrote:

Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

There are a couple who do that around here. One of them gives exams at Old Bridge
airport (3N6).

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old October 5th 04, 07:28 PM
Robert M. Gary

wrote:

AME's are not allowed to make house calls (at least not for the purposes
of the flight physicals). They must do them at their designated office.

Are you sure about that? At the FBO where I used to rent the AME came
regularly to conduct physicals in the groundschool classroom.

Seems kinda odd. Did he also do OB-GYN in a storage locker
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...drdallas1.html

-Robert