A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Flarm Ver 6.06 Download

Old April 23rd 16, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Default Flarm Ver 6.06 Download

I tried unsuccessfully, several times, to update the flarm portables in our club towplanes with the file downloaded from the Flarm site.

When you download the file directly from Flarms site, the file name is powerflarm_6_06_8249.fw and the flarm does not recognize it on boot up.

I am told that changing the filename to powerflarm_6.06_8249.fw fixes the problem.

In short replace 6_06 with 6.06 in the filename.

It does not seem to affect every unit, but it has caused issues with some Cores and some Portables that I have heard of.
Old April 23rd 16, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]
external usenet poster

Is there any way to confirm that my update was successful without waiting to create a log file? My Flarm feeds a clearnav, which doesn't indicate Flarm version.
Old April 24th 16, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Well, that fix didn't work on the portable units I am trying to update. One more attempt tomorrow. I"ll try changing the file name from powerflarm_6.06_8249.fw
to the same format as last years successful firmware updates (from the same SD card. PF6.06_8249.fw.

As to Erik's question, the CSV file that downloads to the card or USB shows the current fw version.

Old April 24th 16, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 9:23:51 PM UTC-4, Dave Springford wrote:
Well, that fix didn't work on the portable units I am trying to update. One more attempt tomorrow. I"ll try changing the file name from powerflarm_6.06_8249.fw
to the same format as last years successful firmware updates (from the same SD card. PF6.06_8249.fw.

As to Erik's question, the CSV file that downloads to the card or USB shows the current fw version.

The only other problems I have had with updating was bad USB sticks (on COREs). Perhaps try another microSD (or reformat, then retry)?

Dan
Old April 24th 16, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

I'm using the same SD card as last year, and it has not been used for anything since then either.

Old April 24th 16, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ouellet
external usenet poster

Try updating through the menu options after startup.
Old April 25th 16, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

I could not find any menu option to do that after briefly going through the menu.

Old April 25th 16, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ouellet
external usenet poster

What version are you running now? It may tell you on the startup screen depending on the version. I updated to 6.06 last week and it was through an active menu option - after thinking it odd the update didn't happen automatically on startup. I updated from the previous 6.0x version.
Old April 25th 16, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

The Portable is currently running 6.02.

I"ll have to look through the menu again and see if I can find the update option.
Old April 25th 16, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler
external usenet poster

Dave - PF Portable Menu option Info Update

See you at Bermuda High?
Best Regards, Dave