New Gov't. report involves GA

Old March 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Rich S.

Default New Gov't. report involves GA

I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and helicopters
to threaten the public.

All the while, the background shots are showing a Tri-pacer and an RV-4
shooting t&g's at Arlington (KAWO). The talking heads didn't really get
specific about the nature of the threat.

Rich "Here we go again" S.

Old March 14th 05, 05:17 PM
Montblack

("Rich S." wrote)
snip
I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and helicopters
to threaten the public.

Minivan, small pickup, large car, small car, idiot with a bulky coat. Pick
one ...or two, or three. Wait! How about just the bomb itself, sitting by
the roadside?

I'm off to Google to do a search for:
"deaths in Iraq" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Spain" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Israel" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Lebanon" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Russia" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Saudi Arabia" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Philippines" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Kenya" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in London" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Oklahoma" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer

Montblack

Old March 14th 05, 06:06 PM
C J Campbell

"Rich S." wrote in message
I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and

helicopters
to threaten the public.

All the while, the background shots are showing a Tri-pacer and an RV-4
shooting t&g's at Arlington (KAWO). The talking heads didn't really get
specific about the nature of the threat.

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting. The actual AP press release attributes all this to "officials."
No names and not even any definite organization that they are working for.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks has been with car bombs, rocket
propelled grenades, and mines. Yet I don't see calls by anonymous
"officials" for metal detectors and explosives sniffers in every garage.

I want these anonymous "officials" who keep saying stuff like this publicly
identified. It is time to pull rank, nametags and badge numbers. I want them
fired.

Old March 14th 05, 07:19 PM
Rich S.

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight. :-|

Rich S.

Old March 15th 05, 10:27 PM
Ron Natalie

Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight. :-|

Rich S.

I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.
Old March 15th 05, 11:15 PM
Teranews

Ok Ron, Me too...

Go east to big lake.
Turn right
When "Florida" becomes a clear 2 syllable word, (Flo-Da), land.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.
:-|

Old March 16th 05, 02:23 AM
C J Campbell

Rich S. wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.

:-|

Rich S.

I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.

In this day and age, I would be careful of how you phrase that...

Old March 15th 05, 03:35 AM
StellaStarr

Rich S. wrote:
I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's Boyer
telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer was
dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.
Old March 15th 05, 09:42 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

StellaStarr wrote:

Rich S. wrote:

I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from
some federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's Boyer
telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer was
dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old March 16th 05, 12:02 AM

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
StellaStarr wrote:

Rich S. wrote:

I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report

from
some federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's

Boyer
telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer

was
dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

I read 1200 lbs, but doubt that figure as you fit a bomb that size in
the trunk of a large car, no need to rent a truck.

--

FF