Towplane Mirrors

Old March 22nd 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
svelusive

Default Towplane Mirrors

Anyone have any options for mirrors for our club's Pawnee? Mounted on
the windshield posts or struts? Suppliers/part numbers. Any help
would be appreciated.

Steve
Old March 22nd 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

On Mar 22, 1:54*pm, svelusive wrote:
Anyone have any options for mirrors for our club's Pawnee? *Mounted on
the windshield posts or struts? *Suppliers/part numbers. *Any help
would be appreciated.

Steve

lPad and an HD video camera point backwards?
Old March 22nd 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Canav8

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:54:19 PM UTC-7, svelusive wrote:
Anyone have any options for mirrors for our club's Pawnee? Mounted on
the windshield posts or struts? Suppliers/part numbers. Any help
would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve, I have had great sucess with these mounts. They have an airfoil shape to clamp down on the struts. The work great. They have a 1/4-20 thread to mount any kind of camera on it.
http://www.rei.com/product/722705/ya...l-mightymounts
Doug
Old March 22nd 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Mar 22, 12:54*pm, svelusive wrote:
Anyone have any options for mirrors for our club's Pawnee? *Mounted on
the windshield posts or struts? *Suppliers/part numbers. *Any help
would be appreciated.

Steve

Ours are mounted internal, left and right side to the curved portion
above the instrument row. They are positioned to look out the left and
right side window.

There are questions about external mirrors on the struts that may
require an STC or 337 field approval.
Yes, the Pawnee is certificated "Restricted" for glider and banner
tow.

Old March 23rd 12, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

We have mounted bicycle mirrors to the horizontal tube at the top of the
windscreen. The left mirror is mounted to the right side and the right
mirror to the left. They're on long enough rods that they cross each other
leaving the mirrors at the upper corners of the windscreen. They work
great!

Old March 23rd 12, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

We used to have a Super Cub towplane with an internal rear view mirror
from a F-104G Starfighter. IIRC, it was mounted horizontally on the
crossbar above the windshield. The view was quite good through the
perspex roof and back panels.

Old March 25th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
svelusive

On Mar 23, 12:52*pm, stephanevdv wrote:
We used to have a Super Cub towplane with an internal rear view mirror
from a F-104G Starfighter. IIRC, it was mounted horizontally on the
crossbar above the windshield. The view was quite good through the
perspex roof and back panels.

Thank you all very much for your help with the Pawnee mirrors. Now to
find the time to actually purchase and install them.......

Steve

Inspection Mirrors RST Engineering Owning 7 January 27th 07 08:09 PM
Pawnee mirrors 5Z Soaring 0 October 20th 06 04:15 PM
towplane mirrors Curt Cole Soaring 3 May 28th 04 02:40 PM
PepBoy Mirrors Nyal Williams Soaring 2 March 15th 04 11:36 AM
PepBoy Mirrors Nyal Williams Soaring 0 March 14th 04 04:29 PM