Sean D. Tucker Aerobatics - WOW! See this link!

Old December 26th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Sean D. Tucker Aerobatics - WOW! See this link!

I started going to airshows with my dad as a young boy in the 70s.
Although often bored while my dad demonstrated and tried to sell his
Texas Taildragger, 180 h.p. & long range tanks and various other
Cessna conversions, I did get the honor of seeing some legendary
aerobatic performers.
Duane Cole, Lefty Gardner, Art Scholl, Bob Hoover, The Red Devils,
Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, The amazing Jet Waco & Masters of Disaster
(forgot his name), Patty Wagstaff, are all on my list of incredible
aerobatics I've seen at many, many airshows over the years.

Nothing, however, compares with this Sean Tucker performance I've
linked to below!

Recently I ran across this guy on the web that I've never even heard
of....Sean D. Tucker (and his custom-built Oracle Challenger biplane).
For about 15 minutes my jaw was sitting on the floor as I watched the
website video of his performance!
This is simply possibly the most amazing flying I've ever seen, just
incredible!
Maybe It's the fact that I've not seen good aerobatics in a long time
but hopefully you'll enjoy the video of Mr. Tucker's performance as I
did.

As an aside, I did see the Jet powered Waco and the "Masters of
Disaster" several years ago. I forgot the late pilot's name (R.I.P.)
but that also was some jaw-dropping aerobatics which seems to relate
closely to the way Mr. Tucker flys. The Jet Waco was just absolutely
unbelievable and I thought surely the thing would disintegrate at any
moment. The speed of the old biplane, the sound, WOW! Then the two
planes (Master's of Disaster) did their thing together and I left that
show thinking that there is no way an airplane could possibly do the
things I saw them do. I remember that being the only time I honestly
had concern that the aircraft may not make it through the performance.
I'm a commercial/instrument pilot with lots of airshow experience but
had just a bit of fear during the M.O.D. Jet Waco performance.

Anyway, maybe ya'll are old hats and know of Sean Tucker but if you
haven't, do check out the great performance on his website, here's the
link...

http://www.oracle.com/cluboracle/teamoracle/index.html

Ricky