LIFE - Larry Burrows - AC-47 tracer fire, Vietnam 1966

Old December 19th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default LIFE - Larry Burrows - AC-47 tracer fire, Vietnam 1966

from 'The Great LIFE Photographers'

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LIFE - Larry Burrows - AC-47 tracer fire, Vietnam  1966.jpg
Views:	2125
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	20600
Old December 20th 07, 11:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: LIFE - Larry Burrows - AC-47 tracer fire, Vietnam
1966.jpg

Eep! There goes my lunch...
Old December 21st 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
WillD

One of the best! Here's a link to more of Larry's photos:

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0302/lb_index.html

Even one of Dear Ole Dad
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0302/lb18.html

Will

Old December 21st 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

I went to the site and started going through the images. Very powerful
stuff. Brings back lots of memories. Then, came across the photo of the
Marine in the creek with "mortar" equipment. Supposedly they were close to
the DMZ. Makes sense. However, the guy in the picture isn't carrying any
mortar equipment. He's got a 3.5 inch bazooka on his right shoulder
(disassembled for easy handling) and a shell for it in the other hand. At
least that's what it looks like to me. What you can't see are the leeches
he's picking up.
Regards, Tom in Pensacola 2/265th RRC, 2nd Brigade, 101 Airborne RVN

Old December 26th 07, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Dave Kearton wrote:
from 'The Great LIFE Photographers'

Ah yes, memories of the Great Puff the Magic Dragon.

First time I saw and heard one in action was when my det was on the
Dogpatch Line near the Pipeline in DaNang, Tet 1968. Somebody was out
there in front of us -- between us and Hill 327, I think. and We heard
this propeller aeroplane come over followed by the most godawful ripping
sound of hellfire and damnation pouring down from the skies. Sounded
just like a gigantic piece of cloth being ripped apart.

The next morning we found a few remains, mostly body parts, chewed to
pieces by 7.62mm minigun fire.

That little episode was something I'll never forget .... not to mention
that I'm still here to talk about it ...

Dave

Old December 26th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Dave Kearton wrote:

from 'The Great LIFE Photographers'

Ah yes, memories of the Great Puff the Magic Dragon.

First time I saw and heard one in action was when my det was on the
Dogpatch Line near the Pipeline in DaNang, Tet 1968. Somebody was out
there in front of us -- between us and Hill 327, I think. and We heard
this propeller aeroplane come over followed by the most godawful ripping
sound of hellfire and damnation pouring down from the skies. Sounded
just like a gigantic piece of cloth being ripped apart.

The next morning we found a few remains, mostly body parts, chewed to
pieces by 7.62mm minigun fire.

That little episode was something I'll never forget .... not to mention
that I'm still here to talk about it ...

Dave

A little "friendly" fire Dave?

JT

LIFE - Larry Burrows - On 'Yankee Papa' Vietnam 1965 Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 3 December 22nd 07 05:57 AM
Where is Larry Mansberger ? [email protected] Soaring 2 October 8th 06 01:44 AM
Larry Mauro Frank Beagle Home Built 0 October 23rd 05 02:17 PM
Larry Bogan Bob Johnson Soaring 0 December 14th 04 04:39 PM