alexis park inn and aviation videos

Old March 24th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default alexis park inn and aviation videos

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
[...]
so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.

And you're posting that here because, why?

Assuming Jay's engaging in spam and copyright violation (and that's far from
a foregone conclusion), how is that an on-topic post here?

Pete

Old March 24th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 24th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

And Martin himself is seldom, if ever, "on track".

Old March 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Matt Barrow" wrote)
"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Martin's posts are RARELY, if ever, on topic.

And Martin himself is seldom, if ever, "on track".

Well, Marty's ours and we're keeping him. "How you doing Marty?" :-)

Another "shout out" goes to Marco Leon. I never get to see your posts
anymore unless someone quotes you, or I whip over into Google Groups and
find you there. It's that Supernews? Superfeed? problem. I'm missing someone
else, too - can't remember who at the moment.

Marty's a little like a terrier on a pant cuff with this issue. That said, I
do think his post is (100%) on topic for this group - doesn't mean he's
(100%) right ...or (100%) wrong.

I am sure (100%) that I appreciate all the work Jay and Jav have done
compiling that page.

Montblacklab

Old March 24th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

Another "shout out" goes to Marco Leon. I never get to see your posts
anymore unless someone quotes you, or I whip over into Google Groups and
find you there. It's that Supernews? Superfeed? problem. I'm missing someone
else, too - can't remember who at the moment.

In looking at Marco's posts' headers, it appears he posts through a
Newsfeeds.com reseller and your news provider is purposely blocking
Newsfeeds-originating posts.

Giganews (my new Usenet provider, having switched from Newsfeeds a few
months ago) is not, as of yet, blocking Newsfeeds.com posts.

--
Peter
Old March 24th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message

In looking at Marco's posts' headers, it appears he posts through a
Newsfeeds.com reseller and your news provider is purposely blocking
Newsfeeds-originating posts.

Giganews (my new Usenet provider, having switched from Newsfeeds a few
months ago) is not, as of yet, blocking Newsfeeds.com posts.

How do you like Giganews? I'd like to switch to one that doesn't keep adding
that annoying tag line at the bottom.

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 24th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote in message
Well, Marty's ours and we're keeping him. "How you doing Marty?" :-)

Another "shout out" goes to Marco Leon. I never get to see your posts
anymore unless someone quotes you, or I whip over into Google Groups and
find you there. It's that Supernews? Superfeed? problem. I'm missing
someone else, too - can't remember who at the moment.

Supernews. They are blocking Marco's news service.

I have been pursuing this through my own ISP, and have gotten basically the
same brick wall Peter got, just from the other side. My ISP has attempted
to get a comment from Supernews about the issue, and Supernews keeps
stonewalling them. The abuse department doesn't return email or phone
calls, and the technical department hides behind "we can't comment due to
privacy concerns" crap.

Personally, I think it's a load of crap, and I'm disgusted with my own ISP
for putting up with the load of crap rather than switching news providers.
But I also suspect that there's some validity to whatever reason it is that
Newsfeeds is being blocked, based on some of what I've read about them on
the news service review web sites.

I'm disappointed that there are some people whose posts I can't see, but not
so much that I'm motivated to jostle my existing Internet service. I don't
see hordes of other people dropping Supernews, so I guess for now I'll
console myself with "no one else is doing it".

Pete

Old March 24th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

"Montblack" wrote in message
[...]

I was the one that originally brought this issue up in this group.
Apologies for it being so off topic, but it obviously affects more
than just me.

I've continued to press the issue in Supernews' support groups when
I can, like recently when someone else ran into the problem. Of course,
Supernews stays quiet, and other readers of the support group continue
to take pot shots at me. I was even called "altruistic", as if that was
a bad thing!

I had found some information about Newsfeeds that really paints them
in a bad light. Apparently they were a major source of spam at one
time. I do not know if this is still the case.

However, Supernews' attitude, that is, ignoring any questions on the
topic, is not justified. They have gladly helped me on other issues,
even through "improper" channels, and even discussed with me other
filters. The only reply I ever got about Newsfeeds was that it was not
their policy to discuss their filters. See the hypocrisy?

Anway, apologies again for this being so off topic. But I just feel
it's not good for those who actually pay for their NSP to have to put
up with crap like that.

Yes, I'm being altruistic.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 25th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well, Marty's ours and we're keeping him.

LOL. Love it. You're a good man Monty! I say we keep both Martin
and Jay. :-)

The Monk

Old March 24th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

so it now is clear that the aviation content (and possible copyright
issues) are directly linked to Jay's *business*.

That's an interesting presumption. How is this video page linked to my
business, other than the fact that it's a page (out of a hundred other
pages) on our hotel's website? (And this is merely for convenience' sake,
as I don't have another place to put them.)

We neither charge for nor sell any of the videos, we give proper
accreditation (when known), and I will remove any video upon request. We
also provide links to NTSB reports, eye-witness reports, and any other
pertinent details regarding the video.

No one has ever requested that any video be removed. In fact, in every case
when people have seen their videos on the site, they have enthusiastically
sent me MORE of their videos. They know that this is a page that is there
for the good of all pilots, and they understand -- as apparently you
don't -- the sacrifice it has taken to put that page together.

In fact, if you factor in my time, I have spent many thousands of dollars on
that stupid page, simply because it's interesting to me, and Jav has kindly
donated the bandwidth so that all pilots and aviation enthusiasts may enjoy
and (hopefully) learn something. NO ONE is making money on the deal, I
assure you.

Assuming Jay's engaging in spam and copyright violation (and that's far
from a foregone conclusion), how is that an on-topic post here?

I know you're not saying this, but I'm curious: How can *I* be engaged in
spam? It is Martin who brought up the topic.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA