Beware travelers with bratty kids

Old January 24th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default Beware travelers with bratty kids

Can't get your kid to behave on a plane? There's always Trailways...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

Old January 24th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Kingfish wrote:
Can't get your kid to behave on a plane? There's always Trailways...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

From the story...

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Old January 24th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Kingfish wrote:
Can't get your kid to behave on a plane? There's always Trailways...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

From the story...

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Hell, yes. In fact, they ought to start an advertising campaign around this
policy. I hate being around whiny kids. I am delighted the father of that
particular one has taken that position. Why would he think that anybody else
would ever want *his* family on an airplane with them again?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old January 25th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Gig 601XL Builder schrieb:

Kingfish wrote:
Can't get your kid to behave on a plane? There's always Trailways...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

From the story...

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

ACK!

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old January 25th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Same here!

My wife (a 2nd grade teacher) and I were wondering how many read that
article and said the same. I don't feel sorry for parents who can't
control a kid and seem to feel that everyone else should have to put up
with it.

Imagine how that kid might have acted for the entire flight? G
Old January 25th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

B A R R Y wrote:

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Same here!

My wife (a 2nd grade teacher) and I were wondering how many read that
article and said the same. I don't feel sorry for parents who can't
control a kid and seem to feel that everyone else should have to put up
with it.

Imagine how that kid might have acted for the entire flight? G

The msnbc site that I read the story on had a poll and 68% of the
respondents agreed with AirTran
Old January 25th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"John Theune" wrote in message
B A R R Y wrote:

My wife (a 2nd grade teacher) and I were wondering how many read that
article and said the same. I don't feel sorry for parents who can't
control a kid and seem to feel that everyone else should have to put up
with it.

Imagine how that kid might have acted for the entire flight? G

The msnbc site that I read the story on had a poll and 68% of the
respondents agreed with AirTran

The other 32% either never had to fly with a bratty kid (or bratty adult),
or their kids behave that way all the time so they're used to it.

Old January 25th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

John Theune wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Same here!

My wife (a 2nd grade teacher) and I were wondering how many read that
article and said the same. I don't feel sorry for parents who can't
control a kid and seem to feel that everyone else should have to put
up with it.

Imagine how that kid might have acted for the entire flight? G

The msnbc site that I read the story on had a poll and 68% of the
respondents agreed with AirTran

Reread my earlier post on the 4 year old next to my wife and me from NCY
to Athens, Greece. It was not a fun flight.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old January 25th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Ross" wrote)
Reread my earlier post on the 4 year old next to my wife and me from NCY
to Athens, Greece. It was not a fun flight.

A friend of ours is an anesthesiologist. He/she took a long, long, long
flight a number of years ago. He/she had FA's commenting on how well behaved
their toddler was - the entire flight.

Said toddler was "clean" for the return trip. The parents used some
pre-flight sleep deprivation techniques on the little guy, for the flight
home. He slept most of that trip and was an "angel" the rest of the time,
blissfully unaware that the 'special' milk bottle was waiting for him
....just in case.

Bad parents. Bad. g

Montblack

Old January 25th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
. net...

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again."

Makes me want to fly AirTran.

Same here!

My wife (a 2nd grade teacher) and I were wondering how many read that
article and said the same. I don't feel sorry for parents who can't
control a kid and seem to feel that everyone else should have to put up
with it.

What do you want to bet that such behavior is the norm for that kid (if the
parents are as the article indicates)?

Imagine how that kid might have acted for the entire flight? G

Like I said, that's probably the norm for that kid.