beware of "warranty" R&R labor costs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st 03, 10:58 PM
Ron Natalie

"Justin Case" wrote in message ...
Show me! Show me! Show me! Don't quote numbers that appear to make
up your argument. Although your "43.5" may or may not say that, how
do you know your interpretation is correct.

Do you have a copy of the FAR's? Read 43.5 and come back and we
can have an intelligent discussion. They are available he
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...e?OpenFrameSet
How does anybody know anything is correct. I read what it says. It
says that for a major modification you have to file the paperwork to
the satisfaction of the administrator.

So you first have to agree or disagree with me on that.

Now note that the things left to the discretion of the administrator are a big
can of worms in the FAA. It pretty much means that they don't even have
to write down what they mean by that. They can approve or disapprove
things at whim.

Now it has been my experience and the experience of others here that an
STC is by default acceptable provided you have the appropriate STC paperwork.

Now where does it say
that the "administrator" has the right to disregard other laws when
not in time of emergency.

What laws are you talking about? I can't make any intelligent comment
if you're going to be so vague?

Show me the numbers so that I can see it
for myself. Help me out here, otherwise I'll think you're saying the
"administrator" may decide that there's too much air in everyone's
tires.

No, I am saying the administrator can determine whether a modification has
been done in accordance with her self-adopted standards. And anybody
who doesn't believe that hasn't worked with the FAA field system.