Austin, TX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 12th 03, 08:27 PM
James Blakely

Default Austin, TX

Hello cyber-friends:

I may be moving to the Austin, TX area in the near future and am looking for
information about the area. I've already looked up airport information at
AirNav.

Regarding this area, what is the general attitude toward GA? Are any of the
airports threatened to shut down due to neighbor complaints or development?
Do any of the airports have hangar space available? (I mean open now, not
the ten year waiting list scene.) Is there a big GA presence?

It looks like Houston is the closest class B airspace to Austin. I've heard
that Houston is GA unfriendly. True?

Also, any thing you guys can tell me about the area aviation or not aviation
related would be appreciated.

TIA.