Got burned - Don't go to Lansing Jet Center.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 4th 03, 05:38 PM
Michael 182

Very well said. MRQB, it's time to stop being a victim and take control of
your situation...

Michael

"Captain Wubba" said
No, I would *not* have also 'cut my losses'. I wouldn't have seen them
as losses to be cut. The goal here isn't to get a piece of paper from
the FAA. the goal is to lbe proficient enough to *deserve* the
privelege of flying an airplane. This is an opportunity...not an
opportunity to sue. You put your situation out here for others to
comment upon, not me. And the response seems fairly uniform...many
pilots here don't think you have a productive attitude. Want to know
why a new Cessna 172 costs $200,000? Many reasons, but one is
insurance, which is very expensive largely due to people who are quick
to sue others whenever they do something stupid or become unhappy
about something.

I hear a strong sense of entitlement in your posts. That is *not* a
good attitude for a pilot to have. One of the most important
attributes of a pilot is the ability to roll with the punches, and
adapt to unfavorable situations with calm and reason. That attitude is
not displayed here. Instead of 'Wow. OK...the plane is gone. How do I
deal with this? A bit annoying, but let's see how I can finish up in a
reasonable amount of time.' I hear 'The plane is gone??? You get that
plane back or I'll sue you! I deserved to finish my training in that
plane! You guys are mistreating me.'

Does that attitude reflect the way you fly? If it dos, I wouldn't get
near an airplane with you. Not as a passenger, not as an instructor.

This is a chance to show your skills at dealing with new and mildly
adverse situations. Use it to learn something new, and stop with the
unproductive blame.

Cheers,

Cap