MythBusters airplane on a conveyor belt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default MythBusters airplane on a conveyor belt

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

ManhattanMan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
gatt wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

I'll bet the Australians use something even better than either
of us :-))
Their conveyor belts go in the opposite direction.

-c
aiee, I need a vacation.

..and their airplanes fly upside down too :-))
They'd say you're entitled to your point of view....

It IS amazing when one stops to actually visualize it; the round
globe; the other side of it; and flying in the same sky upside
down relative to each other but right side up relative to the
individual localities. It's of course obvious to us in the macro
sense, but when you REALLY get down to the micro visualization of
it all................ :-))))

Bucky Fuller amy have said it best when he said that up and down
are completely innacurate. The correct terms for a pilot should be
in and out..

I think he was talking about flying, anyway..

Bertie
You run into this when you start explaining left and right vs inside
and top or outside rudder when dealing with slow rolls :-)

Yes, I've been doing that with one of my current students in
anticipation of the arrival of the airplane,
Or rather, he's been reading a lot and asking me questions about how
you know which way to twist the controls inverted. I just told him
it's easier to see when your head is upside down! For inverted
flight, you push the stick as normal for the direction of roll
without concerning yourself with L/R labels. and the rudder just goes
in the dirction you want the nose to go. Simple. For rolls, it's the
same with the addition of top/bottom rudder for the knife edge
transition.. Sound reasonable?

Bertie

Sounds good. Perspective in aerobatics inverted can be REAL confusing
to newbies. The one that I always found fascinating is the different
perspective in inverted spins as seen from the pilot's and ground
witness perspective. To the pilot the inverted spin will be left, but
when seen from the ground, the inverted spin appears to be to the
right
:-))
This drove the judges nuts on the international aerobatic competition
circuit until a pilot being judged for an inverted spin one way
realized he has spun the other way and corrected the judge :-))

I haven't done an awful lot of those, but I always determined them to be
in the direction I'd depressed the pedal. Not that it mattered! It was
only a thrill ride for me anyway. I never used them in competition as I
only competed in sportsman.

Bertie