Antenna installation question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antenna installation question

I am installing a regular rod type antenna on the wooden turtledeck of
my plane where it will attach to only wood. I got the antenna from a
friend who didn't have the attaching hardware.
Do I need to do or know anything special to attach this antenna to
make sure it operates correctly? Does it need to have a metal plate
on the inside of the airframe to attach to or does it need to somehow
be connected to the metal part of the airframe for proper reception/
transmission? Can I just use local hardware store parts?
I will be running the cable to my handheld radio.
Thanks for any assistance.
Stan
(mechanical novice)