A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ILEC SN10 free to a young soarer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 7th 16, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Ainslie
external usenet poster

Default ILEC SN10 free to a young soarer

I have an ILEC SN10 which I'm not using. These are fantastic units, but time has moved on and new ones are fantasticer! My clearnav blows me away every time I fly with it.

So, I'm offering my ILEC SN10 free of charge to one of the following:

- An individual under 30 with an older glider (cirrus, pegasus, perhaps even ventus 1 or discus 1) trying to get into competitive flying or longer distance flying. I want to stick with cheaper gliders as if you have the moolah for an ASG29 you don't need my help!

- A club with a cross country machine but no good onboard GPS, and some sort of program to encourage younger pilots. The aircraft must already be equipped with dual batteries as I don't want it to sit around for a decade while the club gets around to putting electricals in the glider.

- Whoever takes it must give me a commitment to putting the computer in THIS YEAR.

Either way, if there's someone out there that could benefit from a free computer, please let me know. I can't think of anyone at my club that will benefit but first dibs goes to anyone at Harris Hill including HH club gliders, second to anyone associated with UH as I know he'll make sure they use the computer, and thereafter first come first served. Please give me a week to make sure that all potential HH and UH needs have been met.

Regards

Andrew