When is just clicking PTT an acknowledgement?

Old December 16th 03, 08:54 AM
Rob Perkins

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 04:39:01 GMT, "John T" wrote:

But you shouldn't do it because it's ambiguous in meaning and sender.
Anybody could have clicked the mic - intentionally or accidentally.

I did it today, to ack ATC's "Cessna 342 Roger". I didn't even think
about it, just hit the xmit button quickly.

I had trouble hearing ATC today anyway. They were quiet, so I had to
listen very carefully! Didn't even occur to me to turn up the volume
until I had landed safely.

Stay ahead of the airplane everyone! Merry 100th-year-of-flying! *MY*
FBO is offering 50% off airplane rental from the 17th through the
20th. Too bad the weather seems destined to be hard IFR for the rest
of the week!

Rob