Airbus A380 in Arizona

Old November 20th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Reef,

Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain.

In France.

No. In Europe (Hamburg, Germany, for example).

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

You must have a slow newsfeed. I posted two hours before your
present post, quoted from the Sunday news:

NEWS"The aircraft - the third unit to roll off the production line in
NEWS Toulouse, France -- flew to Hong Kong on a stringent flight
NEWS testing routing ..."

What was YOUR source. about Hamburg?

It's unlikely to be in production in only one country. i know of THAT
one. The newspaper also reported that the manufacturer is not
expecting to "break even" until 420 of these GIANTS are completed.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 20th 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Reef,

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe. You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 20th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
John A. Weeks III

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe. You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

Perhaps you are both right depending on what you mean by
"produced". The final assembly is done only in France, but
components and assemblies are produced across Europe.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old November 20th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe.

And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

He is just plain WRONG in making his correction.

Even an IDIOT like him should know that France is in Europe. I was
merely being more precise given the timely report I read in the news
in Hong Kong because the plane landed there!

You tried to correct
that and said it was produced in France. I corrected that, because it's
wrong. That's all.

You are a lying, twisting stummer Kopf

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 20th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Nobody

Reef Fish wrote:
And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane was produced in Toulouse, France.

He said Hamburg, Germany, without a shread of evidence of support.

Semantics.

Not sure about the actual test items. But the 380 is assembled in Toulouse,
but finishing is done in Hamburg. So I assume that when a customer will
take posession of his 380, it will be in Hamburg where the cabin interiors
etc will have been fitted.

Ville de Bordeau: sea-going ship made in China.

Starts in hamburg to pickup, front and rear fuselage parts. Stops in Whales
to pickup the wings and then heads to St-Nazaire, picks up more parts
including cockpit and center fuselage section (I assume wingbox) and then
unloads at Bordeaux. Ship then goes to Spain to pickup the composite parts
(namely rear ailerons )

Then, on the Garonne river on 2 special barges (low enough to pass under
the old bridges at Bordeaux) for a 35km jaunt, followed by a 240 jaunt over
roads that were upgraded to permit transport of the beast's parts. This
includes highly precice GPS guidance of trucks to cm precision so they can
pass through relatively narrow streets of some villages (where residents
can "almost" touch it from their 3rd floor windows :-)

At toulouse all is brought into a flyiable plane. And then flown to Hamburg
for final finishing (cabin interiors etc).

There are many parts which are made in various places in Europe (including
many sites in Germany). And of course many parts made elsewhere, includfing
north america (landing gear and avionics for instance) and even australia.
But those parts are small enough to use conventional transport.
Old November 20th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Nobody,

So I assume that when a customer will
take posession of his 380, it will be in Hamburg where the cabin interiors
etc will have been fitted.

Yup. Delivery center is here.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 20th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Reef,

Jeeze, did you forget the pills this morning?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 20th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ulf Kutzner

Reef Fish schrieb:

John A. Weeks III wrote:

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Someone stated the A380 is produced in Europe.

And Borchert said i was wrong in pointing out from the NEWS that a
test flight plane

Errr.

"all the big parts of the 380"

Old November 20th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ulf Kutzner

Thomas Borchert schrieb:

So I assume that when a customer will
take posession of his 380, it will be in Hamburg where the cabin interiors
etc will have been fitted.

Yup. Delivery center is here.

But might be moved.

Regards, ULF