Mxsmanic : Your results are in

Old May 10th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

Default Mxsmanic : Your results are in

Actually, there is a lot of truth to the quotes from the DSM. Also, it looks
like every time someone posts comments like this it gets us a reprieve from
MX's noise for a day or so.

Besides, it's all usenet- like it or hate it, it's all the same and should
be taken with a grain of salt.

Old May 10th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mayo Clinic

In article .com,
says...

Ok Guys, the Anti-MX reactions on this board have quickly and
completely eclipsed MX's own personality difficulties in terms of
disruption...

Drop the DSM-IV diagnosis... If there is a disorder (and none of us
are in a qualified position or have a qualified relationship to
diagnose), it is obviously ego-syntonic and beyond the realm of modern
psychotherapy, thus attributing any form of diagnosis to him serves
only as a rather childish "ha ha, I'm better than you" response.

On the contrary - this person's affliction is neither that rare or that
inscrutable. What's more, he really could be helped, which was part of
the intention of the original post. He must recognize the addictive
nature of his usenet abuse - I'll bet he spends a LOT of time
researching answers to show up his "competitors", while getting only
superficial satisfaction out of it. Despite his smug demeanor, he is not
a happy camper. He may not recognize that he is playing a manipulative
mind game, but I'm willing to bet the intimacy issue rings a bell with
him.

For the group, the are real reasons why many are exasperated by this
abuser. For them, it is not a personal vendetta, but a "quality of
relationship" issue. I admit I am surprised by those who "don't mind" or
otherwise defend him. Some must be more thick-skinned than others, or
have a high tolerance for degraded quality discourse. One thing is normal
chat, exchange of ideas among people who share an interest, normal
disagreements and different levels of understanding on various issues.
Another is an ongoing, maniacal delirium of Mx with his calculating
bait-and-berate game and Bertie responding "Fjukkwit". It would appear
that some contributors do not have a strong preference between the two
levels of interchange.

Old May 10th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

"tony roberts" wrote in message
He thrives when reading this crap that you post.
You are actually empowering him.
Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

I agree with you. I don't mind reading his posts. I do mind reading the
countless emails that flame him.

Yes, there are those on the internet that like to be flamed.

Danny Deger

Old May 24th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mayo Clinic wrote in
:

[...]

I just think it's fun/

Bertie

I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM
MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up John Theune Piloting 164 October 22nd 06 01:49 AM
rec.aviation.mxsmanic [email protected] Piloting 4 October 17th 06 02:17 AM