Speaking of Vision -- How 'bout Progressive Bifocals?

Old June 13th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Speaking of Vision -- How 'bout Progressive Bifocals?

In article Ykzjg.29543$No1.28903@attbi_s71,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I think I've got it figured out. MY eyes are so bad, distance-vision-wise,
that the "reading" glass portion of my new glasses is really just a weaker
"distance-vision lens", rather than a true "reading glass" lens.
Basically, the lower part of my new glasses is probably the same
prescription as my old distance glasses, circa 1985 -- and they simply allow
me to see the charts farther away than 6 inches from my nose.

Lucky you!
My left eye is farsighted, my right eye is nearsighted.
No way I can flip my glasses upside down as some suggested. :-))
Old June 13th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"john smith" wrote

Lucky you!
My left eye is farsighted, my right eye is nearsighted.
No way I can flip my glasses upside down as some suggested. :-))

You might have missed one of my posts on the need for close up work while
looking out of the top of your glasses.

There is actually a type of lens made that has your close-up prescription on
the bottom, *and* the top, for when you can not see your work by looking out
of the bottom of your lens. There is even a name for this configuration,
but I do not remember what it is.
--
Jim in NC