GA is priceless

Old December 29th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default GA is priceless

Newps writes:

No states do.

I've already cited relevant statutes. I suggest you read them.

Old December 29th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

john smith writes:

Duane Cole flew from one corner of the United States to another every
week for many years in a single seat, clipped wing Tcraft. He never once
missed an airshow because of a weather delay.

What is your point?

Old December 29th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

Newps writes:

No states do.

I've already cited relevant statutes. I suggest you read them.

You links are irrelavant. No state has laws that allow drivers to speed
and then escape the ticket because I tell the judge 100 MPH is
reasonable. Not happening. Anywhere.
Old December 29th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

You links are irrelavant. No state has laws that allow drivers to speed
and then escape the ticket because I tell the judge 100 MPH is
reasonable. Not happening. Anywhere.

Nobody has made this claim, so it's puzzling that you feel compelled
to refute it.

Old December 30th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

john smith writes:

Duane Cole flew from one corner of the United States to another every
week for many years in a single seat, clipped wing Tcraft. He never once
missed an airshow because of a weather delay.

What is your point?

You made a statement in an earlier posting to the effect that general
aviation was not practicle because weather delays prevent one from
getting to ones destination on time. I simply pointed out that you made
an inaccurate statement.
Old December 30th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

john smith writes:

You made a statement in an earlier posting to the effect that general
aviation was not practicle because weather delays prevent one from
getting to ones destination on time. I simply pointed out that you made
an inaccurate statement.

No, you mentioned a person who had been lucky enough (or reckless
enough) never to be delayed by weather. There are many other unlucky
pilots who are dead because they would not tolerate weather delays.

The fact remains that weather is by far the most important obstacle to
GA as utility transportation, and that is not likely to change, unless
general aviation aircraft are equipped and built like airliners (and
GA pilots begin receiving the same training and experience as airline
pilots). The technology required for safe all-weather flight is
extremely expensive and is thus absent from GA aircraft. The training
required to successfully and safely fly in inclement weather is also
very expensive and tedious and most GA pilots have neither the
resources nor the ambition to undertake it.

I don't understand the irrational insistence that general aviation
provides some sort of utility transportation, in the way that cars,
trains, or commercial airlines do. That is manifestly untrue, and the
failure to acknowledge this mystifies me, and makes me wary of
anything else that is said to me by the people who refuse to see the
obvious.

Old December 30th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

And if you are an enterprising enturpreneur who happens to fly, you want
to believe that the middle of the continent is probably a good place to
put a hotel.

Well, for an ever-increasing number of pilots, it is!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 30th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

After reading what feels like 1000s of posts I have to ask just what in the
world does "Transpose mxsmanic and gmail to reach me by e-mail" mean?

Does it mean change " to "? Does it
mean change " to "? Or something
else?

Old December 30th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buck Murdock

In article . net,
"Tom Conner" wrote:

Does it mean change " to "? Does it
mean change " to "? Or something
else?

Whatever it is, we can rest easy knowing the spambots have it now. Heh.
Old December 30th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:40:57 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

In article ,
Jose wrote:

God almighty, I can't understand for the life of me why there
isn't an airplane in every American garage...

Would you really want Joe Sixpack on approach doing his lipstick with a
cellphone in his ear?

Jose

Darwin would take care of that!

Yah, but all us pilots would be exposed to them thar drivers!

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dual glide slope, $95...priceless! Jack Allison Owning 20 October 22nd 06 03:45 AM
Priceless Tugs kojak Owning 0 August 9th 05 10:25 PM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan Pechs1 Naval Aviation 34 March 7th 04 06:27 AM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan BUFDRVR Military Aviation 15 February 28th 04 04:17 PM
Priceless in Afganistan breyfogle Military Aviation 18 February 24th 04 05:54 AM