A Google Groups alternative to rec.aviation.piloting?

Old August 17th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default A Google Groups alternative to rec.aviation.piloting?

wrote:

On second thought, don't bother with me on other forums. Wouldn't work
well at all.
Thank you

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 9:35*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
wrote:

On second thought, don't bother with me on other forums. Wouldn't work
well at all.
Thank you

--
Dudley Henriques

I think Mx may have a sense of the tide turning.
Old August 17th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:08:35 -0700 (PDT), Ken S. Tucker wrote:

and me being a skinny lively bitch

First you say you wouldn't want to be in the cockpit with a homosexual,
then you refer to yourself as a "bitch".

Very strange.

(This is why I like unmoderated groups.)

--
Dallas
Old August 17th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

wrote:

On second thought, don't bother with me on other forums. Wouldn't work
well at all.
Thank you

--
Dudley Henriques

I think Mx may have a sense of the tide turning.

If you mean against me you might be right. I don't give much hope at all
for the regulars who insist on starting threads about Mx to stop doing
that. They'll concentrate on me for a while which is fine. I have a
thick skin and my aviation interests are no longer involved here but are
concentrated on other forums where I don't have to tell people off.

If nothing else I've shown them in plain English how what they are doing
has denigrated their forum. I'm just one individual, and I'm sick of it.
It's gotten to the point where I've lost any serious interest I had in
contributing to this group. Every time I come here it takes about 3
seconds to see that there's an overwhelming amount of activity centered
on and around several people not wanted here. For every aviation post
there are many more started by some moron who just can't surpress the
desire to lecture everybody else on how NOT to respond to Mx. It's
laughable. These people have become their own problem while Mx and co
sit back and laugh their asses off while they do exactly what they are
lecturing others NOT to do.
It's laughable!

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 17th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 8:23*pm, "Morgans"

Why do you say reinstall, what happened that got it "uninstalled?"

Replaced it with a Garmin 430 and held on to it

My second King 170 NAV/COM started dying a slow death, soooo, the slim
line Garmin 30, gave me enough room to put back the VFR GPS in the
same slot as the 30SL. Only reason I needed the new Garmin SL is for
my second NAV otherwise I would have just stuck with the VFR GPS for
my second COM.

Keep up the videos. *I enjoy them.

My _only_ request.

When you say takeoff from POD, and landing at NOW, would you consider add
the city name, like takeoff from Podunk POD and landing at Nowhere NOW?

Generally, I have it in the web page title or description, but I will
this kind of input :-)

the ones playing with the clouds. *A lot of us don't get to do that! * g

YOu are right and I know it's a privilege not to be taken for
granted :-)))
Old August 17th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Helen Waite

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dudley Henriques writes:

Try posting an aviation related comment to me if you want mature and
reasonable exchange.

I don't think you ever addressed the question I had about nose-up
pitch in Cessnas on rotation.

Why should any pilot help a jackass sim kiddie like you. You repeatedly
told all the real pilots, including CFIs and ATPs, who did try and answer
your questions in the past how much more you know about aviation than all
of them combined, even though your only experience with flying was through
MSFS. You have no concept of the difference between MSFS and reality, but
nonetheless you constantly lectured those of us who did how you were right
and we were wrong. Do you expect any of us to now help you for free? Go
ask all the pilots you claim you regualarly talk with. Or were you lying
about that?

You are a complete and total fraud Anthony. You are not worth helping.
Crawl back into your hovel and play with yourself.

Old August 17th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 16, 8:35*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
wrote:

On second thought, don't bother with me on other forums. Wouldn't work
well at all.
Thank you

--
Dudley Henriques

Ummm, did you wrongly attribute Mx posting to me regarding cessna
pitch up????????
Old August 17th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

Try posting an aviation related comment to me if you want mature and
reasonable exchange.

I don't think you ever addressed the question I had about nose-up pitch in
Cessnas on rotation.

No problem. If my worst enemy posts an aviation related question to me
in a respectful manner on this forum, they deserve a respectful answer,
and that includes you Mx. If everybody else around here dealt with
people in this way the group would be much better for it.
Notice no "GFU" this time!

Anyway, about your question;

As you know, lift increases with airspeed, so actually, the pilot, by
applying back pressure at rotation, is simply helping a natural process
that would lift the aircraft off the runway as the airspeed produces the
needed lift for the gross weight and at the same time controlling that
natural process in both direction and pitch.

I haven't actually noticed the behavior of the 182 in the simulator so I
can't comment on that, but if I recall, you said something about it
being too flat???

You don't want a lot of pitch input at rotation in most airplanes as it
is possible if you lead the lift a bit to drag the tail. If you have the
needed lift, as soon as the wing senses the increase in angle of attack
the airplane will leave the runway. The trick when this happens is
actually to keep the nose down in some airplanes rather than raise it
because if the aircraft is accelerating (and it is), it "wants" to go UP!

A B52 is a perfect example of a flat rotation. Watch a video of a B52
takeoff and you will notice that the aircraft just seems to "leave the
runway". This is a normal take off for the 52. In the cockpit, the
actual yoke pitch input is quite small in this airplane.

For a 182, you should be getting a normal rotation with just a little
yoke pressure at lift off causing that as the airplane reaches the
airspeed where lift is being created that allows the airplane to fly.

If you are seeing a flat rotation in the sim for the 182, try simply
using a bit more yoke pressure but not enough that you exceed Vy. Just
rotate and then find the nose attitude that produces a Vy airspeed for
you as you clean up the airplane into climb settings.

Hope this is helpful.

--
Dudley Henriques