VFR position reporting

Old November 21st 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default VFR position reporting

Neil Gould writes:

I'm sure that your toy comm frequenciess aren't "bursting with traffic" ...

In AI simulation, the level of traffic is configurable. At high
levels, and in high-traffic areas, the frequencies are continuously
busy.

Old November 21st 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

But when you ask a question then turn around and argue with damn near
everybody that answers you blow the signal to noise ratio all to hell.

I provide signal, not noise. I have no control over what others
provide.

Only your original questions could be considered signal. Your uninformed

Old November 21st 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Neil Gould

Recently, Mxsmanic posted:

Neil Gould writes:

I'm sure that your toy comm frequenciess aren't "bursting with
traffic" ...

In AI simulation, the level of traffic is configurable. At high
levels, and in high-traffic areas, the frequencies are continuously
busy.

So, if such situations were "highly unlikely" as you stated, there
wouldn't be much point in providing such a simulation, would there?

Neil

Old November 21st 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Macklin

The NTSB report states that JFK jr. had no contact with ATC
or radio after departing the local control.

He did not avail the services which were available. That
did not cause the accident, but it does indicate that the
CFIs he used did not teach the use of the Long Island Sound
reporting service.

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message

| I don't think (but I have no actual knowledge - haven't
even checked the
| NTSB site) that Jr used this. From what I recall, his
family reported the
| plane was overdue.
|
| Squawking didn't trigger S&R, but it helped locate the
wreckage.

Old November 21st 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The NTSB report states that JFK jr. had no contact with ATC
or radio after departing the local control.

He did not avail the services which were available. That
did not cause the accident, but it does indicate that the
CFIs he used did not teach the use of the Long Island Sound
reporting service.

It indicates that he didn't use it not that the CFIs didn't teach it. From
the outcome of the flight I'd say there were probably several things the
CFIs taught him that he either forgot or ignored.

Old November 21st 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
randall g

On 20 Nov 2006 23:58:38 -0800, "Andreas Tschoeke"
wrote:

randall g schrieb:

What's the big deal? I have learned a lot from the threads he started.

I´m also only a disgusting armchair 'pilot', and I wouldn´t dare to
post any question about real life flying in this highly sophisticated
group, but: Amen to the above statement!

Andreas

I hope some of the pilots around here give your comments some serious
thought.

randall g =%^) PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
http://www.telemark.net/randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca
Old November 21st 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dallas

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:17:20 -0800, Bob Gardner wrote:

the last time I visited the Seattle AFSS

How does one locate a local FSS? I'd like to visit one.

--
Dallas

Old November 21st 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Beckman

"Dallas" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:17:20 -0800, Bob Gardner wrote:

the last time I visited the Seattle AFSS

How does one locate a local FSS? I'd like to visit one.

--
Dallas

Start He

http://www.afss.com/

Jay B

Old November 21st 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

randall g wrote in
:

wrote:

I´m also only a disgusting armchair 'pilot', and I wouldn´t dare to
post any question about real life flying in this highly sophisticated
group, but: Amen to the above statement!

Andreas

I hope some of the pilots around here give your comments some serious
thought.

I HOPE NOT.

Y'all need to not only read the questions this guy is raising, but the
way he is responding to REAL LIFE answers to his questions and making it
like sim flight is the same. It's not in any manner shape or form. This
is what is raising my dander and other pilots as well.

I mean get real, VFR position reporting in a game of MSFS? Read his
ride time. Not only that, he is questioning things he has never
experienced. It's one thing to question something with a question but
this guy is challenging pilots responses based on MSFS experiences. The
two just ain't the same, no manner, shape or form.

I don't think there is a fellow pilot out here who would not go out of
their way to help a fellow student pilot or another pilot (myself
included).

There is nothing wrong with armchair flying, nothing wrong with non
pilots posting questions, but to act like spatial disorientation is a
life or death situation in a MSFS world is wrong (another thread this
goofball posted in).

To make his responses seem like he is just about to take a check ride in
a real plane is wrong when in reality he is playing a game.

Again, don't hesitate to post questions even if you never touched a GA
plane, just don't act like playing MSFS is like a real plane or real
world flying.

It's not and will never be.

Allen
Old November 21st 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Crash Lander[_1_]

"Andreas Tschoeke" wrote in message
oups.com...

randall g schrieb:

What's the big deal? I have learned a lot from the threads he started.

I´m also only a disgusting armchair 'pilot', and I wouldn´t dare to
post any question about real life flying in this highly sophisticated
group, but: Amen to the above statement!

Andreas

Hi Andreas!
I think a lot of the agro towards Mxsmanic is due to the fact that he
doesn't even try to research the answers himself. he just expects others to
spoon feed him the answers. (forgetting for a moment that he likes to argue
points with those who do take the time to help him!) If he came with a
question that suggested that he had actually attempted to find his own
answer to, but he just wanted clarification on, he would have less people
ignoring him.
Oz/Crash Lander