Simulators

Old May 17th 10, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Simulators

On May 17, 3:16*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
And what experience do you have to support this opinion?????? *:YOUR
experience please in flying real airplanes.

What experience do you have to support your opinion. Your experience in
simulation?

I have MSFS 10. I fly a Beech Sundowner and now will be going back to
Cessnas (sold my plane).

I ASKED A VERY DIRECT QUESTION that you FAILED TO ANSWER.

What REAL plane do you fly to support your opionion. I can support
point by point the difference between MSFS and a real plane (I have
already mentioned one). What can you provide????

You answering with questions doesn't show credibility that you know
what you are talking about does it? It only shows you diverting the
problem at hand that you do not know what it takes to fly a real plane.
Old May 17th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

writes:
And what experience do you have to support this opinion?????? *:YOUR
experience please in flying real airplanes.

What experience do you have to support your opinion. Your experience in
simulation?

I have MSFS 10. *I fly a Beech Sundowner and now will be going back to
Cessnas (sold my plane).

I ASKED A VERY DIRECT QUESTION that you FAILED TO ANSWER.

What REAL plane do you fly to support your opionion. *I can support
point by point the difference between MSFS and a real plane (I have
already mentioned one). *What can you provide????

You answering with questions doesn't show credibility that you know
what you are talking about does it? *It only shows you diverting the
problem at hand that you do not know what it takes to fly a real plane.

There are several different 'models' of the world here. Many here,
including you, experienced something like this

"Outer Marker Inbound"

"Contact tower now, on nnn.m"

"Going to nnn.m, thanks"

tower says visibility a half mile, ceiling 250 feet, winds 20 gusts 30
at 140 degrees, and you're inbound to runway 10. That's a serious
crosswind.

hand fly down, needles pretty much where they should be, very bumpy,
very dark. The missed approach is memorized, a decision already made
that the alternate, 150 miles away, is what'll happen if the airport
environment isn't in sight at minimums

Through 230 feet agl, big bounces, and there are the lead in strobes,
15 degrees from where the airplane is pointing, exactly where I
thought they'd appear.

Transition to visual, carry an extra 8 knots into the flare, only 20
degrees of flaps, and I start sucking them up going into the flare,
because I want this thing to be done flying when it's on the runway.
The upwind wheel makes contact, then the other main. Flaps retracted
(I know my airplane well enough, and verify time and again my finger
is on the flap control.

Roll out turn off, get to my tiedown, shut down, tie that baby down
in driving rain, get soaked, get into the car, as high on.Maslow's
hierarchy as one can get, and drive home to a loving wife and a glass
of wine.

Then there's MSFS:

Coming up on a simulated 400 feet agl, no buffeting, not feeling the
yoke alive in your hands, not having the sensation of a wing lifting
in a gust, the only evidence of a wind shear being what? change in
indicated airspeed, change in indicated pitch, with no physical
sensations to play with your senses?

To my mind, and I am sure yours, there is a significant difference in
the physiological and psychological rewards between the two models. It
is not easily explained to someone who has experienced our real
world.

It's his loss.
Old May 17th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

a writes:

[...]

I did this, too, a few flights ago. What's different?

Roll out turn off, get to my tiedown, shut down, tie that baby down
in driving rain, get soaked, get into the car, as high on.Maslow's
hierarchy as one can get, and drive home to a loving wife and a glass
of wine.

My simulation stops with the tiedown, which is exactly where I prefer it to
stop.

Coming up on a simulated 400 feet agl, no buffeting, not feeling the
yoke alive in your hands, not having the sensation of a wing lifting
in a gust, the only evidence of a wind shear being what? change in
indicated airspeed, change in indicated pitch, with no physical
sensations to play with your senses?

Which version of MSFS are you using? I get most of that except for the
physical sensations.

To my mind, and I am sure yours, there is a significant difference in
the physiological and psychological rewards between the two models. It
is not easily explained to someone who has experienced our real
world.

It depends on what you get out of flying.
Old May 17th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

VOR-DME writes:

You don't know any airline pilots.

Actually I do. Not zillions, but a few.

And please don't bother to ask me "How do you know that?"
The very fact that you say you do proves that you do not.

Whatever you say.

YEAH! If you drive the way you fly, that makes you very safe!

I agree.

If someone could go to your house while you are practicing either of these
armchair activities, lock the door and lose the key, this would make the rest
of society much safer!!

How so?

Simulators Birdog Piloting 33 March 9th 09 10:46 PM
PC IFR simulators Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 20 November 2nd 06 08:16 AM
Simulators [email protected] Simulators 1 October 20th 04 09:12 PM
IFR simulators Tony Owning 8 October 27th 03 08:42 PM
IFR simulators Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 24th 03 03:53 AM