Bush flew fighter jets, but never over VIETNAM.

Old July 13th 04, 05:42 PM
Jack

WalterM140 wrote:

Can you show a source that Bush did volunteer for duty overseas?
Because in February, 1968, he declined to do so.

What possible difference could it make? I doubt that the majority of
rated officers on active duty during those years did specifically
volunteer for Viet Nam.

I did specifically volunteer, and even received an assignment that I
requested, so maybe you liberals will nominate me for President at the
upcoming convention, eh? Or if not me, then Ed Rasimus certainly.

Oh wait, I forgot: you only support people who volunteer to lead public
demonstrations against their own government, and who are revered by our
enemies for their voluntary assistance.

Jack
Old July 13th 04, 05:44 PM
Jack

ArtKramr wrote:

The day the war ended we fitted our Marauders with 10X10 Fairschild mapping
cameras and started flying mapping missions deep into Russian territory with
the cameras rolling.. That was Operation Casey Jones. In all thse years I have
never heard a single reference to it by any historian or in any text. It was a
secret of the cold war that was never revealed.

Now that's interesting, Art -- just the sort of input this newsgroup needs.

Jack
Old July 13th 04, 10:51 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

Dweezil Dwarftosser wrote in message ...

The smart guys filled in all the blocks with countries to which
they couldn't be assigned... they had volunteered, but not been
selected for any location in the world.

How woud it come about that a person couldn't be assigned to some
particular country?

--

FF

Old July 13th 04, 10:58 PM
ian maclure

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:47:57 +0000, ArtKramr wrote:

[snip]

Yeah. We ought to get back to military aviation.

OK.
I can't imagine our friends in the Soviet Air Force were all that
happy about you folks swanning around their area of influence
taking pictures and to put it mildly they were not ones for observing
proprieties when they felt their interests needed protecting.
Did they ever try to seriously interfere with the effrot?

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 13th 04, 11:00 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

Mike Williamson wrote in message ...

Of course he knew about the Golf Courses- he volunteered for
deployment to Vietnam, as you have known for some time, as it came
up several times in the newspapers, these forums, and even
television news.

Nonsense.

http://www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm

Bush recalls that toward the end of his training, he
volunteered for the "Palace Alert" program ...
In any event,
he couldn't have been sent to Southeast Asia to take
part in the Vietnam War, at least not to fly a Delta
Dagger: the F-102 detachments in Vietnam and Thailand
were shut down in December 1969, before Bush got his wings.

--

FF

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam WalterM140 Military Aviation 609 September 11th 04 03:26 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM