Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 4th 04, 08:53 PM
Marie Lewis

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In nobody wrote:

Your handgun serves only one purpose: to kill or seriously injur a

human.

Really? Do tell.

He has done so.

Old April 4th 04, 08:54 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

Indeed I do: when we first went to the USA, many years ago, we loved
it and even thought about emigrating. The second time, we began to
see the drawbacks. Now nothing would encourage us to spend more than
a short holiday there, and that only when you stop being so up
yourselves. So the offer by our LA relatives to have us live with
them in the winters is happily rejected.

So you're basing your views on the US on... LA?

Now, *that* is funny.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old April 4th 04, 09:00 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
Peter Kemp wrote:

So how do you explain Heathrow, one of the busiest airports in the
wolrd (in the top 5 IIRC), and which has significantly shorter lines
than any US airport I've eneterd the US at (7 so far and counting)?

Many more bureaucrats working the incoming lines. Pretty simple, really.

And a simple way to make travel easier and more pleasant.

Except that there's no particular reason to double or triple the
expenses like that, since the wait really isn't that long for most
people. Sheesh, you probably wait that long in most *banks*.

You really are funny. I bet you have never left the USA.

Except that you're wrong.

Not that I want you to: much better for us that you stay there.

....and *please*, don't ever come back here.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old April 4th 04, 09:00 PM
Bert Hyman

In "Marie Lewis"
wrote:

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In nobody wrote:

Your handgun serves only one purpose: to kill or seriously injur a

human.

Really? Do tell.

He has done so.

If you think he has, you're wrong.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old April 4th 04, 09:00 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 02:17:41 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Peter Kemp wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:47:07 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Peter Kemp wrote:

Oh, and defending your home is not illegal, the emphasis in the UK is
defending your *life*, and to use reasonable force (where reasonable
force does *not*include waiting for burglars with an illegally held
shorgun, then shooting one of them in the back).

...in the dark, in the wee hours of the morning, in a remote area, when
the police wouldn't do much of anything...

Which is a policing problem, not a legal one.

So your claim is that people can't police their own homes, but the
police don't have to, either? No wonder the crime rate's going up so
fast over there.

Nice of you folks to protect violent burglars like that (look at the
wonderful followups of what the "victimized" burglar has done since).

Which one - the one without *any* violent convictions who is
mouldering in his grave after being murdered?

"Murdered" suggests some sort of innocence. If he didn't want to risk
his life, he shouldn't have committed the crime. Ranks right up there
with idiots who get killed doing other stupid things, like walking on
railroad tracks. I can't believe you're defending a criminal who died
while committing a potentially-violent crime.

Or the other one (and I can't recall any violent convicitons for him
either) whose is admittedly a miserable git?

Well, aside from being a drug dealer who *did* have a bad history,
there's no particular reason to want that sort of asshole running
around. Or do you really think these two saints would have left the old
guy alone if he *hadn't* been armed?

Exactly. If you enter my home without my permission or other legal authorization
(Police, Fire Dept) you WILL be shot. And I am not stupid enough to "shoot to
wound". You will get a "double tap" at your center of mass, and I will "repeat as
necessary".

Al Minyard
Old April 4th 04, 09:14 PM
nobody

jboy wrote:
Last month it took me 3 hours to get from the plane to cab in Atlanta
airport and that was before all this photo and fingerprint stuff started.

Just wait until they make you undress down do your underpants so they can take
a "better" picture of your birthmarks, scars etc.
Old April 4th 04, 10:48 PM
tadaa

Truly free countries realize that police cannot be everywhere,and protect
everyone.They allow citizens the means to defend themselves and their
homes.
Why are you so concerned about criminals shot while committing a crime,and
not for the poor guy who suffered repeated burglaries?
What does "violent convictions" have to do with it?

Shooting the crims was a public service.

Well I think that Government should take more active role in this to make
the country more secure so there is no need to arm everyone just in case.

Old April 4th 04, 10:49 PM
Jim Yanik

"jboy" wrote in
:

God you guys are so stuck up your arse it hurts.

Don't you realise that we are your allies and we are sick an tired of
being treated like the enemy? Being made to stand for hours on end,
because you cant get people to man immigration desks or do security
properly is now starting to make most of us determined to avoid your
paranoid country.

Last month it took me 3 hours to get from the plane to cab in Atlanta
airport and that was before all this photo and fingerprint stuff
started.

Maybe that's because the enemies of America are travelling through YOUR
countries in order to sneak into the US to commit terrorism here.
They are not flying direct from whereever they originate.Sometimes,their
cells reside in your countries,in order to take advantage of Western
resources not available in their original countries.

How will you like it when you arrive at Heathrow and we insist that
you stand in line for hours on end. Yep I'll be listening to moaning
Wilmers complaining that they are being treated as terrorists. Funny
how that's OK, but when we complain we are raving Pink Commies..

Well,no terrorists are travelling through the US to get to your country.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old April 4th 04, 10:51 PM
Jim Yanik

Chad Irby wrote in
om:

Actually, while a lot of people try to claim that, very few trains are
that efficient. Most UK trains, for example, are *more* polluting, when
you take electrical generation and coal use into account.

I wonder how -they- handle the fly ash problem from burning coal?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old April 4th 04, 10:52 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
nobody writes:
jboy wrote:
Last month it took me 3 hours to get from the plane to cab in Atlanta
airport and that was before all this photo and fingerprint stuff started.

Just wait until they make you undress down do your underpants so they can take
a "better" picture of your birthmarks, scars etc.

Noo need for that - Birthmarks, scars, etc. can be faked/altered well
enough with makeup or tatooing & such that it's really rather
pointless.
It's much better to go with stuff like your skull shape. That, it
turns out, can be measured directly from optical photographs of the
head & face, and fairly easily can be reduced to a form that allows
automatic comparisons. With, it ought to be pointed out, a lower
failure rate than fingerprint comparisons.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster