$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 28th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default $1500 Cash Reward

chris wrote:
On May 29, 1:23 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
chris wrote:
On May 28, 8:58 am, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???
It must suck to be in your country and be defenseless against criminals.
I have a better chance of winning the lottery than being killed by a gun
where I live. The UK had 58 deaths from guns in 2005/6, 25 from handguns
in a population of 60m.

I thought you said you had such strict gun control - how did you manage 58
killed?

BTW, you might know that the manner in which the UK keeps statistics is a
downright fraud.

And England had fewer gun killings when the had virtually ZERO gun control.

Go figure

Indeed, go figure. Go figure as well that Switzerland had even fewer deaths
than the UK and every home is REQURED to have guns.

Now, just because YOU have criminal tendencies doesn't mean every one else
does.- Hide quoted text -

That's some other guy who also happens to be called Chris. He's
obviously from the UK, I am from NZ

Well, both of your countries have obscenely high crime rates so if
doesn't matter much which one we are talking about.

Matt
Old May 28th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:

Just let us (me) know if anything changes (back to normal) so we (I) might
consider your really beautiful country again for our (my) vacation
destination and maybe for a really nice x-country. I really enjoyed
travelling there. It now would even be a bargain (about 40% cheaper),
compared to (eg) 2002, thanks to the current exchange rate.

You wouldn't like it here or feel safe. Many people carry firearms
concealed. It is better if you vacation elsewhere. :-)

Matt
Old May 28th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:

So why do we have a rather low crime rate?

Do you? What country?

Matt
Old May 28th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
kontiki wrote:

If guns were controlled then there would be far
fewer for the crims to lay their hands on.

Excuse me, but guns *are* controlled already.

nah. If you want REAL control, then you'd have to go
and collect all the guns out there. Good luck doing that!

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Maybe someone else can cite the source, but I'm partial to the following
line of thought...

"The best weapon to bring to a knife fight is a fully loaded pistol."

Once they collect all the hand-guns (I'm just being the devil's advocate
here...), then will knives be next? What about baseball bats or other clubs?
I was listening to Dr. Laura the other day while I was in my wife's truck
and her comment that "the thing that scares [her] more than evil is the
failure to recognize evil". I think that's a fairly profound statement that
most of the anti-gun forces fail to comprehend.

(donning asbestos suit...)

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

Old May 28th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

you don't expect me postimg my home address on usenet, do you?

Why not? You have nothing to be afraid of. You're unarmed, right?

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 28th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:09:44 GMT, Matt Whiting wrote:

... and still we have such a low crime-rate ... hmmm. I bet that even some
of the houses in my neighborhood are not locked ...

Where are you?

you don't expect me postimg my home address on usenet, do you?

#m

No, I was thinking country. However, given how safe you say your
country is, what is the fear of posting your address?

Matt
Old May 29th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Carter[_1_]

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:09:44 GMT, Matt Whiting wrote:

... and still we have such a low crime-rate ... hmmm. I bet that even
some
of the houses in my neighborhood are not locked ...

Where are you?

you don't expect me postimg my home address on usenet, do you?

#m
--
I am not a terrorist. http://www.casualdisobedience.com/

Grow up Martin. You know perfectly well no one expects your home address,
but to prove your point you should be intelligent enough to know that you
should provide country and maybe city if statistics are available in that
granularity.

Otherwise you look the fool for making such silly statements and providing
no evidence you know about what your talking.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

Old May 29th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:09:44 GMT, Matt Whiting wrote:

... and still we have such a low crime-rate ... hmmm. I bet that even some
of the houses in my neighborhood are not locked ...

Where are you?

you don't expect me postimg my home address on usenet, do you?

What a twit.

Unless he's obfuscating his address, he's in Austria.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 29th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Martin Hotze wrote:

what do you expect? It is expected from you and from us to do so. We do our
share, you do your share. End of talking about it. There is no need to talk
about it for 50 years.
If you happily do it: fine. Do it. But don't expect many thank you's or
expect that it is counted towards something else.

In my humble opinion we should have stopped handing out American
taxpayers money to countries around the worls decades ago. And I
have not been "happily" doing so over these years. It may be
time for a sea change.
Old May 29th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Martin Hotze wrote:

Can you travel to Cuba? *g*

Oh I can't wait for my chance to visit the 'workers paradise'.

Do I like that we've had this stupic embargo with Cuba all these
years? No... but have I wanted to go there? No. There are many
other countries in the Caribbean with better facilities to visit.

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM