$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 29th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Martin Hotze wrote:

hmm, I don't know exactly, but I am under the impression that I am able to
buy a gun. [though, I don't know if *I* personally can buy one, because I
rejected military service]

You don't even know if your government will allow you the freedom to
own a firearm or not? Wow... No wonder the military didn't need you.

A criminal, or someone intent upon fould play will be well aware of the
fact that most people are unarmed and thus be more confident of success.

So why do we have a rather low crime rate?

You live in a country full of whimpish people happy with the morsels
provided... hell I don't know.... since you won't tell me what country
you live in what other response can I make?

Your country has, in effect, put out the sign for you.

No, that's why we are currently buying Eurofighters (completely different
story *g*, but it has to do with airplanes -- aviation content!!!).

Iran is building up its military quite a bit also... so is North Korea.
So what?

Old May 29th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Do I like that we've had this stupic embargo with Cuba all these
years? No... but have I wanted to go there? No. There are many
other countries in the Caribbean with better facilities to visit.

Not having the freedom to do something you don't want to do is still not
having a freedom.

Any idea why US citizens are not allowed to go to Cuba?

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 29th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Jose wrote:
Do I like that we've had this stupic embargo with Cuba all these
years? No... but have I wanted to go there? No. There are many
other countries in the Caribbean with better facilities to visit.

Not having the freedom to do something you don't want to do is still not
having a freedom.

Any idea why US citizens are not allowed to go to Cuba?

As I stated I don't like it and think it is stupid. It started
with president John F. Kennedy and has continued to this day.
It may have been expedient at the time, but like the Berlin Wall
its time has passed.

Old May 29th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"chris" wrote in message
oups.com...

From what I've read it sounds like any nut job can carry a concealed

gun.. Are you happy for someone to walk into your work with a gun in
their pocket? Or a bank? How does the bank teller or the security
guard out front know the guy who just walked inside isn't going to
hold up the bank???

Must suck to be the police in your country, never knowing if the car
they've pulled over has a guy inside ready to draw his gun on them??
Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???

As I said, lack of understanding. No "nut jobs" can qualify for a gun
license in my state, and most "nut jobs" could care less if they have a
license or not.

You just don't get it.

Old May 29th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"chris" wrote in message
ups.com...

There's other ways to defend yourself other than carrying a deadly
weapon.

When you start to rely on having a gun and don't take every practical
step to *avoid* the situation in the first place then it's definitely
gone too far.

Again, you statement shows you don't understand the self defense laws, and
qualifications for the license. Having a license and carrying a legal
concealed weapon does not give you the right to use the weapon unless you
have no other choice. You are still responsable for taking any and all
reasonable avoidance options.

Old May 29th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:27:30 GMT, kontiki wrote:

Sir... most crime victims were just going about their normal routine
and were chosen by the perpetrator because they looked like a good
"victim" who would not have a means of defense. I am not talking about
gang or drug related violence here.

So it would have been a good idea if the folks at Colombine would have
carried a gun themselves? Is that what you want to say?

If a half dozen or so teachers were qualified, trained and armed, the out
come would have been much different.

Old May 29th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

This is certainly true in France. The average person has no gun, so when
you
are stopped by the side of the road, if you open the door or get out of
the
car, you don't have to worry about being shot. At the same time, the cops
are
reasonably sure that anyone who pulls a gun is a hardened crook, and not
an
innocent person exercising his right to carry a firearm. Thus, they don't
have to constantly worry about having to draw and shoot in normal
situations,
and they don't have to ask themselves if someone pointing a gun at them is
just a regular guy protecting himself.

Clueless as usual. Find any instance were a licensed person in the US has
exited his car at a traffic stop and fired on the police. Your a moron.

Old May 29th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:00:19 GMT, Jim Carter wrote:

Grow up Martin. You know perfectly well no one expects your home address,
but to prove your point you should be intelligent enough to know that you
should provide country and maybe city if statistics are available in that
granularity.

hmm, I thought that looking 2 seconds in the headers might have helped,
eg: NNTP-Posting-Host: chello213047242175.tirol.surfer.at
^^^^^ ^^
at = Austria
tirol = name of county (county might be the appropriate term in english)

Are you required to use an ISP in your country of residence?

Matt
Old May 29th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Maxwell" wrote:
Find any instance were a licensed person in the US
has exited his car at a traffic stop and fired on the police.

Trivially easy:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ies-shot_x.htm

http://www.lanecounty.org/News/News_...ease_12821.htm

The OTHER side of the coin:

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/st...top-shootings/
Old May 29th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:00:19 GMT, Jim Carter wrote:

Grow up Martin. You know perfectly well no one expects your home address,
but to prove your point you should be intelligent enough to know that you
should provide country and maybe city if statistics are available in that
granularity.

hmm, I thought that looking 2 seconds in the headers might have helped,
eg: NNTP-Posting-Host: chello213047242175.tirol.surfer.at
^^^^^ ^^
at = Austria
tirol = name of county (county might be the appropriate term in english)

Innsbruck is the capital of this county (and this is the city where I have
my business; I live very close to this city, maybe 10 kilometers out or 15
minutes by car). If you're old enough you might remember the city because
of 2 olympic wintergames (1964, 1976).

It appears your crime situation isn't quite as rosy as you are
projecting. The trend in the USA is downward quite dramatically, while
the trend in Austria is decidedly upwards. Violent crime is much less,
but breaking and entering isn't far behind at all. And if these trends
continue...

http://dev.prenhall.com/divisions/hs.../AT/crime.html

http://dev.prenhall.com/divisions/hs.../US/crime.html

And as the Russian mafia takes more interest in Austria, it may well get
ugly. I think this explains at least some of the crime in the USA. As
one of the more affluent countries in the world, crime is very likely to
be high. Crime is typically about money, sex or love (probably in that
order), and the presence of a lot of money will encourage a lot of crime.

Matt

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM