Moller Skycar

Old February 29th 04, 01:46 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Big John said:
Wasn't the proto up for sale 6-9 months ago on e-bay or am I again
having the change of life )

No, you're thinking of that thing that was like a jet pack with two ducted
lift fans.

I can't decide if Moller is a con man or a publicity whore, but either way
he's been making outrageous claims on extremely limited proof for decades.
I don't expect to see the Skycar flying in my life-time.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and
Old February 29th 04, 03:02 PM
Big John

Paul

What was the 'thingy' that had a short power cord and ran electric
motors (vs flight engines) on shore power to get airborne and check
out the controls, etc?

Didn't that group come on rac or here on rap and try to find a
ejection seat to put in the 'thingy'?

Probably a clone of the "Skycar"?

One major thing I see about that kind of air vehicle/concept is that
if you lose power you go from a 'flying rock' to a 'falling rock'.
Even Helio's will flutter down if they lose power.

Big John

Old February 29th 04, 04:16 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Paul Tomblin wrote:

I don't expect to see the Skycar flying in my life-time.

If you do, it'll probably be the Trump Skycar, or the Hughes Skycar, or the
Toyota Skycar ...... Anything but Moller.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 29th 04, 04:18 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Big John wrote:

One major thing I see about that kind of air vehicle/concept is that
if you lose power you go from a 'flying rock' to a 'falling rock'.

It also looks to me that failure of any of the four engines would result in
complete loss of control.

Old February 29th 04, 05:32 PM
Toks Desalu

I wouldn't drool over this if I saw it earlier. I admit that the appearance
looks sexy, but fuel consuming rate kills the attractiveness.
Toks Desalu

Old February 29th 04, 07:43 PM
George

(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, Big John said:
Wasn't the proto up for sale 6-9 months ago on e-bay or am I again
having the change of life )

No, you're thinking of that thing that was like a jet pack with two ducted
lift fans.

I can't decide if Moller is a con man or a publicity whore, but either way
he's been making outrageous claims on extremely limited proof for decades.
I don't expect to see the Skycar flying in my life-time.

I'd put my money on the con man side of the coin. It's been a long
time in actually producing a machine that works.
So far every year is going to be -the- year.
And nothing happens
Old February 29th 04, 07:51 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Big John" wrote in message

Wasn't the proto up for sale 6-9 months ago on e-bay or am I again
having the change of life )

Impossible. A prototype is an original, full-scale, WORKING model of a new
product or new version of an existing product.

Old March 1st 04, 04:23 PM
Peter R.

T-Boy ) wrote:

In article k.net,
says...

"T-Boy" wrote in message
. nz...

Well *I* want one

Why?

user added to Bozo bin - feel free to reciprocate.

One little word containing three letters caused a *plonk* event.

That has got to be a Usenet record.

--
Peter