S7 (formerly V7) software bugs?

Old June 21st 15, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hirst

Default S7 (formerly V7) software bugs?

Any indication as to what the "hardware fault" was? The in-flight re-boot sounds like a bad solder joint or bad connector somewhere. I have a brand new (V)S7 in front of me, so if there are some things I can check before it goes in the panel, I'd be interested to hear.

I'd also be interested in hearing how old the problematic units are. Or maybe LXNav have sold thousands of good ones and we're just hearing about the outliers.

David
Old June 21st 15, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MQ

The factory reset seemed to have sorted me out. Oudie IGC, flarmbrick, V7
Also, I did the update with an oudie II to work around the IGC update issues...before the reset step.

I love this setup and so far probably spend the most time playing with flarmbrick updates and making sure it is performing optimally.

Geoff
Old June 21st 15, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Update:

I reviewed the settings on my V7 yesterday in detail. Apparently after upgrading the V7 software, some setting survived and some didn't.

I found that my Polar screen settings were completely lst. They now showed a "Default" glider type, class " unknown". It also showed stall speed at 10 Kts., the polar showed A=1.94, B=-2.9, C=1.6 glider weight --lbs, max glider weight --lbs, empty glider weight --lbs,

I have corrected these settings, but have no way of testing wether they fixed problem #3 (see first post) without doing a flight test. Stay tuned for more info.

Matt H

Old June 22nd 15, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

I want to clarify something just in case you don't realize it like I originally did not. The volumes for climb vario mode and cruise speed to fly mode are completely independent of one another. Even though there is only one vario volume slider in the menu section, the volumes for each mode are independent. If your volume is changing exactly the same time as the climb/cruise mode changes then that is your issue. That was never clear to me in the manual.
Old June 23rd 15, 08:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

In my case this is not about a switch from cruise to thermal mode. While in cruise it would go up and down on its own. I never had this before and only seen it since the upgrade to the latest version.

Old June 23rd 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric

First of all I would try to downgrade to a previous FW version (if that was running without issues)
Old June 23rd 15, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 3:14:51 PM UTC-7, Eric wrote:
First of all I would try to downgrade to a previous FW version (if that was running without issues)

The RAS is a really bad place to get advice on instruments.

I would send the concerns with the Firmware Version number and the Serial number of the V7 to:

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old June 24th 15, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric

True. LXNAV is very coöperative and they take customer complaints serious.. Uros once even send me an "in between" firmware version, just to solve a problem I had with the white arc.

Old June 25th 15, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

been there, done that. just get questions back...