EMBRY-RIDDLE wants airplanes

Old December 29th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Default EMBRY-RIDDLE wants airplanes

B A R R Y schrieb:

I know a 17 year old Indian kid who just passed his PP-ASEL at a local
FBO flight school. He's not a US citizen, and no laws were broken.

A friend here just made his type rating (Citation 1, IIRC) in the US. He
tried hard to find an alternative outside the US but he had no luck. So
he had to go through all the hassle with fingerprinting (cost him an
extra flight to Paris only for that), a ton of paperwork, special
treatment at immigration, ...

It was really made almost impossible for him to spend those 10 or 20
AMUs in the US ...

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old December 29th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
B A R R Y schrieb:

I know a 17 year old Indian kid who just passed his PP-ASEL at a local
FBO flight school. He's not a US citizen, and no laws were broken.

A friend here just made his type rating (Citation 1, IIRC) in the US. He
tried hard to find an alternative outside the US but he had no luck. So
he had to go through all the hassle with fingerprinting (cost him an
extra flight to Paris only for that), a ton of paperwork, special
treatment at immigration, ...

It was really made almost impossible for him to spend those 10 or 20
AMUs in the US ...

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

Well, we did have a bunch of non-US citizens train to fly in the us and then
highjack planes and use them to kill 3000+ people. So of all the rules and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical.

And as you said he couldn't find an alternative outside the US so I guess we
aren't all bad.

Old December 29th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Gig 601XL Builder schrieb:
(...)

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

Well, we did have a bunch of non-US citizens train to fly in the us and then
highjack planes and use them to kill 3000+ people. So of all the rules and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical.

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots. (besides there are also
restrictions for US pilots [as you know], or can you fly in DC?).

It is not only that you require some paperwork or a visa (I can follow
that logic to a certain degree). It is mostly the *way* you do it. He
had to do it (job). He wouldn't have done it if it was only for pleasure.
My point is: you are just hammering another nail into the coffin of GA
(and you are also turning away much money).

And as you said he couldn't find an alternative outside the US so I guess we
aren't all bad.

This has nothing to do with being bad or not. You have the equipment for
the C1, alternatives are only available by mid 2007 (and he was not able
to wait that long). He had no choice to pick a differnt type.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old December 29th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buck Murdock

In article ,
Martin Hotze wrote:

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots.

When I can get a flying job in the EU as easily as a European can get a
flying job in the US, I'll have slightly more sympathy for the training
hassles.
Old December 29th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

"Martin Hotze" wrote

It is not only that you require some paperwork or a visa (I can follow
that logic to a certain degree). It is mostly the *way* you do it. He
had to do it (job). He wouldn't have done it if it was only for pleasure.
My point is: you are just hammering another nail into the coffin of GA
(and you are also turning away much money).

But people still do come here to train for pleasure flying and for
commercial training from all over the world. Why? Because it is still
cheaper and better and more accessible than most anywhere else in the WORLD.

Suck it up. I'm sick and tired of hearing foreigners bitch about the US.
Stay the hell away if you don't like it. I like it just fine without you
here bitching, anyway.

To the rest of the group, sorry for the ugly American routine. I think he
earned it, this time.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 29th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder schrieb:
(...)

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

Well, we did have a bunch of non-US citizens train to fly in the us and
then
highjack planes and use them to kill 3000+ people. So of all the rules
and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical.

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots. (besides there are also
restrictions for US pilots [as you know], or can you fly in DC?).

Yep every last one of them. Don't blame us blame the terrorists. And yes
there are restrictions on US pilots and as I said "So of all the rules and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical."

It is not only that you require some paperwork or a visa (I can follow
that logic to a certain degree). It is mostly the *way* you do it. He
had to do it (job). He wouldn't have done it if it was only for pleasure.
My point is: you are just hammering another nail into the coffin of GA
(and you are also turning away much money).

Paperowrk sucks. We all hate it but the government pretty much runs on it.
WHat do you think we should do to secure our borders and try and reduce the
posibility of another 9/11? A bigger nail in the coffin would be US tranined
foriegn pilot slamming into another building.

And as you said he couldn't find an alternative outside the US so I guess
we
aren't all bad.

This has nothing to do with being bad or not. You have the equipment for
the C1, alternatives are only available by mid 2007 (and he was not able
to wait that long). He had no choice to pick a differnt type.

And the US had what he needed because it is well, the US. And to keep things
like the best simulators around and available for not only US citizens but
foreign nationals as well we have to protect the country.

Old December 29th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Paperowrk sucks. We all hate it but the government pretty much runs on it.
WHat do you think we should do to secure our borders and try and reduce the
posibility of another 9/11? A bigger nail in the coffin would be US tranined
foriegn pilot slamming into another building.

I don't think the training the terrorists received in the US was all
that enabling, considering how much info is on the web, and considering
how MSFS can teach a lot about crashing into buildings.

I can see the new campaign slogan: "Paperwork - keeps the terrorists away"

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old December 29th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Martin Hotze wrote:

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots. (besides there are also
restrictions for US pilots [as you know], or can you fly in DC?).

It is not only that you require some paperwork or a visa (I can follow
that logic to a certain degree). It is mostly the *way* you do it. He
had to do it (job). He wouldn't have done it if it was only for pleasure.
My point is: you are just hammering another nail into the coffin of GA
(and you are also turning away much money).

If it seems like harrassment, that is unfortunate. Blame our
overprotective gov't. There's always a balance between national
security and individual freedoms it seems

Old December 29th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder schrieb:
(...)

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

Well, we did have a bunch of non-US citizens train to fly in the us and
then
highjack planes and use them to kill 3000+ people. So of all the rules
and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical.

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots.

Yes, but you have to understand how important it is to keep out the
terrorists like Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Ted Kazinski, etc. (feel free to
correct the spelling)

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old December 29th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
news:jtednatDW9Tx_gjYnZ2dnUVZ_rylnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder schrieb:
(...)

As you said: it actually _is_ possible, but at what cost?

Well, we did have a bunch of non-US citizens train to fly in the us and
then
highjack planes and use them to kill 3000+ people. So of all the rules
and
laws that have come down the pike since 9/11 this one probably the most
logical.

So you harass all (!) foreign pilots that freely (!) spend thousands of
$$ only because of a handfull of idiots.

Yes, but you have to understand how important it is to keep out the
terrorists like Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Ted Kazinski, etc. (feel free
to correct the spelling)

That there are home grown assholes doesn't mean we can't do what we can to
keep foreign assholes out. If you think it does then well your just another
brand of asshole.