Why you should check your gas....

Old April 18th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Why you should check your gas....

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

And how much Ethanol.

Agreed.

I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder... Would too much
ethanol would make the gas smell or feel funny during the sampling?
Old April 18th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...
Define "bad gas".

What happens when you live on pickled eggs and beer for more than a couple
days.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old April 18th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:17:53 -0400, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea
Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote:

What happens when you live on pickled eggs and beer for more than a couple
days.

Yes siree!
Old April 18th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

B A R R Y wrote:

I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder... Would too much
ethanol would make the gas smell or feel funny during the sampling?

Nope. Unlike the old (legal for airplanes) oxygenate, MTBE, the presence
of ethanol is not obvious by odor or appearance. You just have to mix the
fuel with some water and shake it up in order to test it (at least in
quantites used for oxygenated car gas). E-85, on the other hand, seems to
be detectable by smell. Although pure ethanol has no odor, E-85 has a
noticably weaker gasoline component to its odor.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 20th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Bad gas all senoirs ave that lol 8-o
gliderguynj wrote on 4/18/2008 :
To add to the list of jokes about my home state of NJ,.....
The news reported that over 30 cars were stranded on the side of the
road after they filled up at a Lukoil station and received "Bad
Gas".

Now some would think that turning your airplane into a glider in
midair might be better than being stranded in NJ but.....

This raised a few questions for me....Are there any extra safeguards
regarding the delivery and or testing of 100LL before you put the
nozzled in your tank? By draining the gas and looking in the GAT jar
assuming it looks correct, could you still be in risk of having bad
gas? How long would it take for that bad gas to reach the engine?

Doug

Old April 20th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe laid this down on his screen :
What happens when you live on pickled eggs and beer for more than a couple
days.

farts? :'(

Old April 20th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Larry Dighera submitted this idea :
Lukoil, Russia's largest oil company, entered the U.S. gasoline
market in 2000 when it acquired Getty Petroleum Marketing.

thats all we need is ruskies owning our gas :-?

Old April 20th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
clint

Gig 601Xl Builder explained :
I doubt very seriously that they are bringing gasoline in from Russia.

you never has a blzhenski then :-Z

check it out berben2 Naval Aviation 0 January 17th 05 05:20 PM
check it out! [email protected] General Aviation 0 November 30th 04 07:07 PM
Check out this sim! [email protected] General Aviation 1 November 30th 04 01:16 AM
Check this out! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 November 30th 04 12:58 AM
check it out berben2 Naval Aviation 0 September 16th 04 01:04 AM