Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Old June 24th 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

writes:

CORRECTION to my post above - You land a plane under VMC conditions
(VISUAL)

Almost, but not quite. Aircraft land in IMC all the time, and I've done it
many times.
Old June 24th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

Mxsmanic wrote:

george writes:

On Jun 24, 10:05 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

None that I found alarming. Downdrafts are harmless as long as you're well
above terrain.

Rotor ???????

Thunderstorm? Hurricane? Tornado? Nuclear explosion?

I don't recall losing 15,000 feet in a rotor on a commercial flight, but I
suppose anything is possible. A handful of exceptions does not disprove the
rule.

which version of microsoft flight simulator do you use?
Old June 24th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:

A handful of exceptions does not disprove the
rule.

Yet you seem to use exceptions quite frequently to "prove" you are correct.

Case in point: that some model C150s are prohibited from spinning to prove
pilots are doing reckless spinning.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 24th 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

The Starmaker writes:

which version of microsoft flight simulator do you use?

FS 2004 (also called FS9)
Old June 25th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 24, 4:49*pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

CORRECTION to my post above - You land a plane under VMC conditions
(VISUAL)

Almost, but not quite. Aircraft land in IMC all the time, and I've done it
many times.

Then YOU DID NOT SIMULATE LANDING THE PLANE. Did you????????????

DUH, AUTO LAND........ HELLO, anybody out there.

PILOTS LAND THE PLANE in VMC.in the real world.

As Jim already pointed out, YOU DON'T land anything. YOU SIMULATE
LANDING on MSFS.

WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SIMULATION?????
Old June 25th 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Then YOU DID NOT SIMULATE LANDING THE PLANE. Did you????????????

I've simulated all sorts of landings: hand-flown, autopilot (including
autoland), VMC, IMC, zero visibility, crosswinds, etc. The greater the variety
of situations you simulate, the more you learn.

A simulator allows you to gain experience with situations that you may never
encounter in real life. While simulation isn't perfect, the knowledge you gain
from the simulation of a specific situation is more useful than no knowledge
at all ... especially if that particular situation actually arises (I think Al
Haynes would agree with that).

DUH, AUTO LAND........ HELLO, anybody out there.

PILOTS LAND THE PLANE in VMC.in the real world.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I think if you do a quick search on YouTube, you'll find that lots of landings
take place in IMC, including computer-controlled autolands in very low
visibility (apparently Cat IIIc autolands in zero visibility are not actually
done because of the difficulty in taxiing to the gate thereafter).

As Jim already pointed out, YOU DON'T land anything. YOU SIMULATE
LANDING on MSFS.

I land in the simulator.

WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SIMULATION?????

I might be tempted to ask the same question.
Old June 25th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Jun 24, 7:53*pm, " wrote:
On Jun 24, 4:49*pm, wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

CORRECTION to my post above - You land a plane under VMC conditions
(VISUAL)

Almost, but not quite. Aircraft land in IMC all the time, and I've done it
many times.

Then YOU DID NOT SIMULATE LANDING THE PLANE. *Did you????????????

DUH, AUTO LAND........ HELLO, anybody out there.

PILOTS LAND THE PLANE in VMC.in the real world.

As Jim already pointed out, YOU DON'T land anything. *YOU SIMULATE
LANDING on MSFS.

WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SIMULATION?????

Is there a point to this 'debate'? We know the rules of the game MX
plays, Continue if you enjoy being played.