Humour airplanes and women

Old January 15th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Humour airplanes and women

In article . com,
"Longworth" wrote:

An airplane actually looks good without hair.

that's not funny

(-{

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke

Old January 15th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...

And people wonder why so few women participate in aviation.

"Women, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em..."

Men,
Can't live with them, can't kill them (legally). ;-)

Michelle
Old January 15th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Chris wrote:

Well I thought they were funny and not offensive....
Michelle

Old January 15th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

"Stubby" wrote in message
I find complaining about other person's humor and the whole "political
correctness" area to be totally devoid of intellectual comment. It most
certainly does not belong on an aviation news group.

It belongs here just as much as the original post did. It may well be
that neither belong, but if the original post belongs here, so does the
commentary on it.

Whatever happened to "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old January 15th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I've always thought the best feminist joke ever is this simple one: (translated
from spanish so give me some slack

'What's the difference between HARD and DARK'

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
'DARK stays that way all night'

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | Freedom's just another word

Old January 15th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skywise" wrote in message
So don't you go telling me which way the discrimination is
going, because I know better. I'm living it.

If you think you are being refused service simply because of your skin
color, then you are being discriminated against. If you actually *care*
about that, then file a lawsuit. If you don't, then why bother mentioning
it here?

It's quite simple. And, by the way, has nothing to do with the issue here.

I still think anyone who complains about the lack of participation in
aviation and insists on perpetuating the long history of sexism in aviation
is a hypocrite. In a perfect world, all jokes are equal and none are
offensive. But we don't live in that world, and as long as women continue
to be deterred from aviation, it makes no sense whatsoever to make fun of
them in an aviation context. All doing so does is add to the deterrent.

All that said, I shouldn't have been surprised at the reaction to my
objection. The reaction was far from unanimous, and mirrored previous
misogynous attitudes seen in this newsgroup in the past, with respect to the
individuals involved and the general proportion.

No, in hindsight, not surprising at all.

Pete

Old January 15th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skywise" wrote in message
Whatever happened to "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Huh? What's that got to do with anything?

Old January 15th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Michelle" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well I thought they were funny and not offensive....

That's great. But you're one of the rare women who have managed to ignore
or get past the sexism in the aviation industry. That's good for you, but
means you're not exactly representative of women generally.

Old January 15th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

An airplane actually looks good without hair.

that's not funny

Hey! I resemble that insult!

(Bob does, too!)

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Peter Duniho" wrote:

If you think you are being refused service simply because of your skin
color, then you are being discriminated against.

"If you think" is the standard to apply to determine discrimination?

I hope you mistyped.

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke