How much do you trim?

Old October 9th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tom Young[_2_]

Default How much do you trim?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
It totally depends on the plane.

Second that. The C150 I fly requires a lot less trim than the C172, to the
point that I forget to use it sometimes. The 172 really doesn't let me
forget.

Tom Young

Old October 9th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1160415719.703433.23610
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If you're in Sacramento, I can take you up on a 20 minute intro ride
for the $49 intro price. We'd fly out over the "naked place" (nudist
place) and do some basic turning and climbing to get a feel for the
plane. $49 is probably about what you paid for the software.

He lives in France...... Needless to say, even if he lived at the approach
end of your local airport runway, he will make every excuse in the world to
get off his beloved simulater and get in a real plane.

I'd bet if he would get out of his lazy boy chair, off his simulator and
trundle up to his local GA airport, that he could even maybe get a local
pilot to give him a taste of aviation freedom.

But no, based on his posting history, I'd bet he would find an excuse for
not doing this......

Allen
Old October 9th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Duniho

"mike regish" wrote in message
. ..
[...] Generally, the trim setting has nothing to do with the range of
control movement. It can be a small adjustable tab on the elevator
trailing edge or it can be the entire horizontal stabilizer.

This has all already been explained to him in great detail in another
thread.

You guys are just falling into his net again...

Old October 9th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Ron Wanttaja writes:

Because no matter who responds, you're getting the answer filtered through their
senses and experience. It's like asking someone what an apple tastes like,
rather than biting into one yourself. Everyone's experience differs; you will
not gain a consensus on which to base an opinion. Five minutes in an aircraft
would allow you to understand the issues of trim, from both a conscious and
muscle-memory perspective.

Why ask what it's like to be President, when five minutes being
President can answer all your questions?

Old October 9th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

I don't think its a waste of time. Most FBOs offer a $49 intro ride.

Two days' wages for me. And there's still no way to get out to the
airport. And this is France, so you can multiply all costs by a
factor of 3 to 10.

Its usually around 20 minutes and if you get a 1/2 way good instructor
you will be on the controls most of the time.

Twenty minutes is not worth $49.

If you're in Sacramento, I can take you up on a 20 minute intro ride
for the $49 intro price. We'd fly out over the "naked place" (nudist
place) and do some basic turning and climbing to get a feel for the
plane. $49 is probably about what you paid for the software.

But I can use the software for a lot longer than 20 minutes.

Old October 9th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dave Stadt

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
[...]

He doesn't have a simulator he has a Microsoft game. Saw an ad on TV last
night for their new verson and it was advertised as a game.

Old October 9th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

"Dave Stadt" wrote in
t:

He doesn't have a simulator he has a Microsoft game. Saw an ad on TV
last night for their new verson and it was advertised as a game.

Cha Ching,

Considering we fly "toys at toy airports" per his response in another
thread, you are right, he's only a gamer.

Allen
Old October 9th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tom Young[_2_]

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

Plane doesn't have cockpit-adjustable
trim. I just bend the metal tabs on occasion.

I see how that makes sense with an open cockpit and all, but how do you
reach all the way back there when you're flying?

ba dum chhhh

Tom Young

Old October 9th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RK Henry

On 9 Oct 2006 10:41:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

...Most FBOs offer a $49 intro ride.
Its usually around 20 minutes and if you get a 1/2 way good instructor
you will be on the controls most of the time.

Dangerous advice. For an introductory price you get addicted and find
yourself with an aviation habit and can't stop. That's what happened
to me, though it was quite a bit cheaper than $49 at the time.

It looks like Be-A-Pilot is a bit higher...
http://www.beapilot.com

Still, I always advise everyone that it's better to go ahead and do
it. You don't want to end up on your deathbed whispering "Rosebud!"
and wondering about your aviation life that might have been.

RK Henry