Pathetic CBS journalism on GA airport security

Old January 15th 04, 03:40 PM
C J Campbell

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
| "C J Campbell" wrote:
| It is obvious that a free press has become a greater liability
| than an asset.
|
| And your solution is...?

Make it a federal offense to lie in public or (because CBS didn't actually
lie) to say anything I don't like. :-)

Old January 15th 04, 03:52 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Bartscher" wrote in message

| Until then, vulnerability will be the price for the freedom of the

press.

It is obvious that a free press has become a greater liability than an
asset.

Especially a press that confuses "liberty" with "license".

Old January 15th 04, 03:52 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
These were my few sentences:

"Gentlemen" (and I use this term very loosely):

This was the worst piece of yellow journalism I have seen in a long time.
Next I suppose you will be running a horror show on how people can just

get
in their cars and drive anywhere they want.

It was once thought that a free press had the responsibility to protect

the
freedoms of others. Apparently you idiots no longer believe that. Go to
Hell.

Christopher Campbell

Okay, CJ, tell us what you REALLY think!

Old January 15th 04, 03:53 PM
Dan Luke

"C J Campbell" wrote:
And your solution is...?

Make it a federal offense to lie in public or (because CBS didn't
actually lie) to say anything I don't like. :-)

Yeah, sigh, exactly.

I'd like to prohibit a lot of offensive stuff; I just can't think of a
universal definition of "offensive" that we could all live with.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old January 15th 04, 04:16 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| Okay, CJ, tell us what you REALLY think!

All right. How many times does someone have to pee in your boot before you
realize that he is not interested in becoming your friend? No matter how
nice you are to him?

Some people were so happy that they got their local affiliate to come out to
their airport and do a "response." To that I say "Pig's offal." The response
will air only in the local area, probably during the daytime soaps, and most
of the information will be edited out.

You are not going to beat the networks at their own game. Whatever they are
doing to aviation now, they have done to everybody and everything else they
have reported on in the last 20 years. Ask any landlord, doctor, or
businessman. The sole objective of network media is to destroy people for
fun and profit.

If you see a reporter, interfere with him in every way possible. Harass him.
Beat him and kick him. Smash his equipment and burn his van. Tar and feather
them all and run them out of town on a rail. That is just about what it
takes to get through to these elegant looking high school dropouts.

Old January 15th 04, 04:20 PM
Snowbird

"Dan Luke" wrote in message ...
Careless, clueless, insubstantial and sensational; about par for TV
news.

Don't tell us; tell them

Better yet: tell their advertisers
Old January 15th 04, 05:40 PM
Al Gerharter

Ok, I admit I may have gone a bit overboard, but I had to respond to CBS on
this one...

Not overboard at all, right on the money. Very Well Said sir. May I use
it? (With appropriate credit, of course).

My neighbor has a plane in his barn, and flies it uncontrollably out of
his field. I think he is a Baptist. Should I be worried? Do we need to put
up razor wire? What does that do to his sheep? Without x rays, we will
never know whether some of them boogers are really Al Qa'ida in sheep's
clothing.

Doesn't CBS use aircraft? Do they charter? When someone holds up the
Cookie mart in Waco Texas, does the Washington Bureau start making airline
reservations for the camera crew?

When you sow FUD, (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt), what do you reap?

Al Gerharter

Old January 15th 04, 05:49 PM
Blanche

The problem with writing to complain about the segment probably
will NOT do what you expect. In reality, it'll confirm to the
CBS suits that sensationalism increases viewers, which is exactly
what the advertisers want.

sex sells.

If there's no sex, then blood and gore sells.

If there's no blood and gore, then fear sells. And that's
what CBS (and others) are selling today.

Old January 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Maule Driver

"C J Campbell" |
| Until then, vulnerability will be the price for the freedom of the

press.

It is obvious that a free press has become a greater liability than an
asset.

Not so obvious here.

..... but thanks for a break from the dry heaves

Old January 15th 04, 11:04 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| Okay, CJ, tell us what you REALLY think!

All right. How many times does someone have to pee in your boot before you
realize that he is not interested in becoming your friend? No matter how
nice you are to him?

Some people were so happy that they got their local affiliate to come out

their airport and do a "response." To that I say "Pig's offal." The

response
will air only in the local area, probably during the daytime soaps, and

most
of the information will be edited out.

You are not going to beat the networks at their own game. Whatever they

are
doing to aviation now, they have done to everybody and everything else

they
have reported on in the last 20 years. Ask any landlord, doctor, or
businessman. The sole objective of network media is to destroy people for
fun and profit.

If you see a reporter, interfere with him in every way possible. Harass

him.
Beat him and kick him. Smash his equipment and burn his van. Tar and

feather
them all and run them out of town on a rail. That is just about what it
takes to get through to these elegant looking high school dropouts.

I'll take that as a "Yes" vote.