Question about purchasing an airplane.

Old April 27th 04, 06:10 PM
Ray Andraka

Well, sort of. The tower is closed midnight to 6 am, so during that time
clearances etc are with boston center. PVD has 3 ILSs, ILS5, ILS23 and ILS34.
RWY16 only has a VOR approach. Still Providence has the best approaches you'll
get in southern new england (which is one of the reasons I am based there and
not at Quonset which is a little closer to drive to).

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

Also, Providence is only a 15-minute flight, and
is my alternate when IFR. Providence is open all night, has an ILS in every
direction, and has a 24-hour rental car establishment that has come in
handy on a couple occasions.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old April 28th 04, 12:14 AM
Aaron Coolidge

Ray Andraka wrote:
: Well, sort of. The tower is closed midnight to 6 am, so during that time
: clearances etc are with boston center. PVD has 3 ILSs, ILS5, ILS23 and ILS34.
: RWY16 only has a VOR approach. Still Providence has the best approaches you'll
: get in southern new england (which is one of the reasons I am based there and
: not at Quonset which is a little closer to drive to).

I guess I should have said "the FBO is open all night". Of course, you're
right, the tower closes for the night. But it is fun clicking on all of those
lights!
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)

Old April 28th 04, 03:45 PM
Michael Nickolas

I believe that Stow and Mansfield would take me about the same time to
drive there. To Mansfield, it's a 30-minute drive all on highways.
To Stow, it's a 30-minute drive, almost all on back roads.

Ah, I see. I live very close to 85 in Marlborough and can do Stow in
20 Minutes by taking that right turn near the water/Picadilly Pub and
avoiding Hudson. But there are no planes to rent there, so it doesn't
really matter... :-)

Worcester is too far and
always has terrible weather.

Never fails, when everyone else is reporting winds calm, Worcester
will no doubt be 15+. Still, I drive five miles past Worcester into
Spencer for the same reason you go to Mansfield. Learned to fly and
have friends there.

Michael

Old April 30th 04, 02:23 PM
Gary

All of the above posts are very good and helpful. As a side note, if
anyone needs an airplane ferried, I do it for a very reasonable fee with
no airfare involved. Tailwheel, multi, homebuilts, and I have a CFII so
you can go and fly it for no additional fee. Anyone feel free to contact
me at .

*** Sent via
http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.