What to get your CFI?

Old December 1st 04, 02:44 AM

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:20:21 -0500, "Slick" wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

I'm not a flight instructor, but have been in the aviation biz since
the early 80's.

It was/is surprising to me how few sincere "thank you's" get handed
out in this business.

A "you really did an excellent job, thank you" and a pat on the back
goes a long way in General Aviation, trust me.

TC
Old December 1st 04, 08:53 AM
Cub Driver

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:20:21 -0500, "Slick" wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Give him one of my books. That's what I do

Seriously, a book is always in order. Among the great aviation reads
are Flight of Passage, by Rinker Buck; and Winged Victory, by Victor
Yeates, the latter being a WWI novel.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
the blog www.danford.net
Old December 1st 04, 05:42 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

How about giving him some credit on his account? Some CFIs can't
afford to fly themselves and it can be fun to get to fly for "fun".
Even putting 1/2 hour on his account may make him happy.

-Robert, CFI
Old December 1st 04, 07:53 PM

Don't forget to trade those unwanted gift cards at
http://www.cardavenue.com .

Old December 1st 04, 10:33 PM
Cockpit Colin

Isn't "Happily Married" an oxymoron? - right up there with "Military
Intelligence" and "Government Assistance"?

"Slick" wrote in message ...
Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to buy the booze, and he's happily
married.
wrote:

I need to do something to say thanks to my CFI, but I can't think of

any
grand ideas. I really feel bad for not having to pay him much for
instruction. I'm going for my exam at 41hrs.

Booze and/or loose women. Makes 'em happy every time!

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Old December 2nd 04, 12:17 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Cockpit Colin wrote:

Isn't "Happily Married" an oxymoron? - right up there with "Military
Intelligence" and "Government Assistance"?

Not here.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old December 2nd 04, 12:19 AM
Peter Duniho

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message
Isn't "Happily Married" an oxymoron? - right up there with "Military
Intelligence" and "Government Assistance"?

Not here.

Nor here. Frankly, anyone who thinks "happily married" is an oxymoron just
isn't doing it right.

Old December 2nd 04, 05:11 AM
Jay Honeck

Isn't "Happily Married" an oxymoron? - right up there with "Military
Intelligence" and "Government Assistance"?

You kidding? My wife is a pilot, lives to fly, rides a motorcycle, thinks
camping next to the plane is heaven, drinks only good German beer, and loves
to, uh...golf.

More like ecstatically married, since 1985. (And we dated for 9 years
before *that*!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 4th 04, 03:51 AM
bryan chaisone

"Jim Burns" wrote in message ...
Ohhh man did I see that coming!! )

You beat me to it.

Bryan

Well, if you live anywhere near Iowa, I know a certain aviation

theme-suites
hotel that happens to sell gift certificates...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA