Is TSA planning new ID rules for operators & passengers of small planes & boats?

Old June 18th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

Default Is TSA planning new ID rules for operators & passengers of small planes & boats?

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
- George W. Bush, May, 1999

He's right. The limits to any person's freedom should be the freedoms of
other persons and nothing more.

That isn't what he was talking about.

Old June 18th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

That isn't what he was talking about.

Ya think?

Old June 18th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

That isn't what he was talking about.

Ya think?

Yes.

Old June 18th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

How is the CIA supposed to know who they are eavesdropping on if ID
isn't required to purchase the phone? :-)

Don't worry. Your voiceprint is on file.

Old June 19th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-06-17 08:27:16 -0700, "Vaughn Simon"
said:

When Bush first floated the idea of a "Department of Homeland Security", just
the name sounded Gestapo-ish enough to give me serious reservations. Now this?

http://www.cbsnews.com:80/stories/20...n2939438.shtml
"New Security Rules For Small Boats, Planes"

Vaughn

Yeah, right. You don't know the tenth part of it.

A friend of mine is Jason Moulton, recently retired from the FBI. He
was the guy who arrested Patty Hearst in his rookie year.

They caught almost the whole group at once because they were all
cashing and writing checks on the same account with the same name, but
the signatures looked different. Now, if the FBI knew THAT in the early
'70s, what do you suppose they know now?

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old June 19th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
Our 'elected' (?!!?) leader of this country has basically
turned this country into a place where our founding fathers would
probably have taken the latter of Patrick Henry's options.

Really? How is that, exactly?

Where's my freedom to carry a gun for self-protection at all times, even
on an airplane, or in NYC, or Washington, D.C? Where's my freedom to
work hard and put food on my table without being forced to pay for
someone else's? Where's my freedom to be treated equitably, no matter
my income level, under the tax code? Where's my freedom to take sole
responsibility for my own retirement, without having to contribute to
someone else's? Where's my freedom to operate a smoking section in my
restaurant?

Even if George Bush has his secret agents outside my house tapping my
phone, it hasn't resulted in any restriction of liberty at all. On the
other hand, I'd be arrested for carrying a gun on an airplane. I'd be
fined and eventually imprisoned for refusing to pay a higher tax rate to
the IRS. I'd be fined and eventually imprisoned for operating a smoking
section inside my restaurant, where smoking indoors has been banned (an
increasing number of states/municipalities). I'd be fined and
eventually imprisoned for refusing to participate in the government-run
retirement system. None of these activities imposes on the freedoms of
another at all, yet the laws that prohibit them do impose on my freedom.

So, tell me again, what has George Bush done to take away my freedoms?

JKG
Old June 19th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Jun 19, 4:13 pm, Jonathan Goodish wrote:
In article ,
A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:

[...]

Military jets intercepting and arresting the pilot doing touch & goes
at a sleepy town airport was unheard of until now.

Old June 19th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

Military jets intercepting and arresting the pilot doing touch & goes
at a sleepy town airport was unheard of until now.

I must have missed that story. Where did it happen?

Old June 20th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

In article om,
Andrew Sarangan wrote:
So, tell me again, what has George Bush done to take away my freedoms?

JKG

Military jets intercepting and arresting the pilot doing touch & goes
at a sleepy town airport was unheard of until now.

And where/when did this happen? Enlighten me.

JKG